Contract issues and now referred to Roxburghe

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5445 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please excuse my ignorance but I am at my wits end and would like some advice.

My daughter has had her Carphone Warehouse/O2 account passed on to Roxburghe DCA.

Her contract ended at the end of February 2009 but they have continued to bill her. She received the usual "would you like to upgrade" phone call just as her contract was about to end and told them no she did not want to renew her contract and was told to write to confirm it.

As she was away at University she quickly wrote and posted a letter to cancel her contract but only sent it first class unfortunately. Since then she has continued to receive bills and has now had her account passed to Roxburgh DCA. She has written again to Carphone Warehouse this time sent by recorded delivery to which they have replied that they didn't receive the first letter so she will have to pay up. The account has been passed to Roxburghe who are ringing my home nearly every day (which rightly or wrongly, I am just ignoring until I know what my daughter's rights are)

I have found this on the Ofcom website

"When your contract is about to come to an end, your provider may

automatically transfer you onto another 12 or 18 month contract. But

they should let you know when this is going to happen and give you

the chance to ‘opt out’."

My question is:- Can a mobile phone company continue a contract past its agreement date without permission and therefore continue to bill?

Many thanks

Ann

Common Sense is genius dressed in it's working clothes - Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

A quick answer to your question is Yes!

All that has passed is your minimum term (i.e the length of time you have to stay with them). Unless you give them 30 days notice to end your service they will continue to provide you with your monthly allowance and bill you the same way they have for the past 18 months.

So regardless of being within your minimum term or not, if you miss a payment or don't pay while the account is active you and your credit file are still a target for the networks.