Can harges be added for direct debits when you put funds in same day??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

This is a bit of a mini rant more than anything!!

This is my fault really but stil....I had two direct debits going out on 1st and realised in the morning I hadn't transferred the funds from my other A&L Savings acct so I did so at 10am thinking all would be well - except they charged me 2 x £25.00 payment review fees.

I've just phoned and practically grovelled for the charges to be refunded and got told off for not managing my account properly!

I thought if you put funds into your account the day the direct debits went out they would be honoured and no charges levied?? My friend used to work at HSBC and she said this is how they did it.

Does anyone know if this is the case?

Cheers!

Hi,

I have this issue constantly with HSBC, I get paid by CHAPS on Friday afternoons around midday every week. However, if a DD or Cheque comes out the same day and takes me overdrawn, they bounce the payment even though I have cleared funds in the account on the same day.

Yesterday, a cheque came out of our account a day earlier than we anticipated and took us £40 overdrawn, my wife went and paid cash into the account to cover this amount at 09:45 in the morning. This morning we check the account to find that they had bounced the cheque. Whilst I have managed to get them not to charge me the £25 for bouncing they will not refund me the £11 I am going to be charged by the company whose cheque has bounced!!

Hi,

This is a bit of a mini rant more than anything!!

This is my fault really but stil....I had two direct debits going out on 1st and realised in the morning I hadn't transferred the funds from my other A&L Savings acct so I did so at 10am thinking all would be well - except they charged me 2 x £25.00 payment review fees.

I've just phoned and practically grovelled for the charges to be refunded and got told off for not managing my account properly!

I thought if you put funds into your account the day the direct debits went out they would be honoured and no charges levied?? My friend used to work at HSBC and she said this is how they did it.

Does anyone know if this is the case?

Cheers!

When you were in the branch did you tell them that the money was to pay for the Direct debits going out? Furthermore, did their cashier tell you that it wasn't going to cover the direct debits going out?

Most T&C's do state that you have to pay money in the day before but I think that as a technicality, if it is the first time this happened you could argue the point that the cashier did not make you aware that it would not cover payments due out on that day(whether A&L would agree with that is another matter, of course).

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf