Natwest Charges...Please help!

SalP
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Natwest are charging me £28 for being accidently 76p overdrawn! :mad: I have always been declined in the past, if I tried to use my card in a shop, when there was not enough funds in there. This time I wasn't, so didn't realise I had gone overdrawn! :(

I went into the bank and they couldn't do anything, as the manager was off, so I was given a number to call, to complain and try to get the charge waived. I called them, but they wouldn't waive it! I am on benefits, so cannot afford this charge, also when they go to take the money next Wednesday, I will not even have £28 in my account, so then I will get charged again!

I really don't want to close my account down, as I have quite a few direct debits coming out and standing orders each month. Plus I have such a poor credit rating, I can't see me getting another account, especially with the state I will be in with Natwest, when they charge me a second time for not having the original charge money in!

Please help, I really don't know what to do!!! :Cry::cry::Cry:

hi, i would ring up customer services and ask to speak to the lending dept and try to appeal to their better nature explaining what happened and that your on benefits, hopefully they will waive the charge, fingers crossed if that dont work you will have to write in which is time taking but try phoning first

Thanks for your advice tigga_1961. I don't think they will waive it though, but I am going to ring again tomorrow and see if I get to speak to somebody else, as the woman I spoke to today didn't seem to care! :(

I rang them again this morning and spoke to a guy in the lending department, he was very nice and agreed to waive the charge as a goodwill gesture and because it was such a small amount!! :)

well done, thats your first win against nat west lol but glad they saw sense :p