Monument

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

New to this site and this is my first thread.

Wrote to Monument with a CCA request and what I got back was a copy of their current terms and conditions, i.e. not the terms and conditions from the original credit agreement that I signed, and a photocopy of part of my original application form.

What I want to know is:

1. Does their response comply with a CCA request ? and

2. If it doesn't then is their credit agreement with me unenforceable? (assuming they won't supply me with a true and signed copy)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

This was the text of my letter (based on a template from this site):

Dear Sir/Madam

Account No: 4265 6590 0010 4815

With reference to the above agreement, I would be grateful if you would send me a copy of this credit agreement and a full breakdown of the account including any interest or charges applied and any amounts refunded to the account. I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 [sections 77-79], I am entitled to receive a copy of any credit agreement and a statement of account on request. I enclose payment of £1 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I understand a copy of any credit agreement along with a statement of account should be supplied within 12 working days.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with the request for a copy of the agreement and statement of account under these sections of the Act.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

They got back to me within the allotted time. The documents they sent was a copy of their current terms and conditions, not the T&C's that applied when I originally signed up for the account. Also included was a copy of my signature on part of the original application form.