Housemate vs Welcome Finance

Saint2K
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All.

Posting this thread on behalf of my housemate.

He defaulted on his loan with Welcome Finance around six months ago and has been having difficulties with them ever since.

He is not currently making any payments towards the outstanding balance and a CCA request has been sent, and a valid CCA returned. He also has an original copy of the agreement anyway.

He sent them a letter previously stating that he requires all communication to be in writing and further stated that their behavior was paramount to harassment.

They have visited the property on three occasions now asking to speak with him, they have also levied a variety of charges on this defaulted balance.

They have also previously started legal action, to which he was going to defend based on the charges, they then dropped the claim.

More recently this was received through the door:-

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/337010/Welcome%20Finance%20-%20Slip%20%28Edited%29.jpg

What do you advise he do now in regards to the above?

OMG..... can't believe that note was just dropped through the door. Is that illegal due to your personal details being available for house mates to see??

What if you were away and had neighbors popping round to look after your pets or something????

I'd let them continue with the claim, if he isn't earning much then an attachment of earnings isn't going to be granted for Welcome Finance, and you can use that appalling letter as evidence of their non-co-operation - it looks like a kids has written it rather than a reasonably educated adult.

I would take the letter to the local Citizens Advice Bureau and ask for their help - they should have somebody there who is experienced in dealing with these sharks - because Welcome prey on the lower end of the 'credit' market and clock up huge amounts of phony charges.

Hey, thanks for the replies. The note was in an envelope, with his first name written on it in pen, but that was it.

Hmmm, not sure of the best course of action. I think Welcome need to be slammed over this abuse of OFT guidelines.

Hi All.

Sorry to double post, but my other thread is not receiving much attention in the Welcome Finance sub thread, and I could do with some assistance in helping my house mate with an issue.

I've copied and pasted from my original thread below:

--

Hi All.

Posting this thread on behalf of my housemate.

He defaulted on his loan with Welcome Finance around six months ago and has been having difficulties with them ever since.

He is not currently making any payments towards the outstanding balance and a CCA request has been sent, and a valid CCA returned. He also has an original copy of the agreement anyway.

He sent them a letter previously stating that he requires all communication to be in writing and further stated that their behavior was paramount to harassment.

They have visited the property on three occasions now asking to speak with him, they have also levied a variety of charges on this defaulted balance.

They have also previously started legal action, to which he was going to defend based on the charges, they then dropped the claim.

More recently this was received through the door:-

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/337010...8Edited%29.jpg

What do you advise he do now in regards to the above?

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Welcome Finance today called him at work demanding repayment.

Is the best course of action to complain to the OFT, then send an harrasment template letter to Welcome? They have also advised him that they are charging him £10 per phone call they make.

Is it worth doing a SAR and going down the reclaiming charges route?

Update: Welcome Finance today called him at work demanding repayment.

Is the best course of action to complain to the OFT, then send an harrasment template letter to Welcome? They have also advised him that they are charging him £10 per phone call they make.

Is it worth doing a SAR and going down the reclaiming charges route?

Hi

You say you have a valid CCA and the original. It would be worth posting them here, minus any personal or otherwise identifiable info. Welcome agreements often fall well short of required standards.

A SAR is probably worth doing as well.

It would probably be worth moving back to the Welcome threads - there are some extemely knowledgable people there who will be able to provide a great deal of valuable help.

T2