Band together against them

mauricetura
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im in too. After a year of no CCA, threats and harassment, Im coved with psoriasis and am on constant medication for depression. Im so scared I feel like killing myself.

mikeandlisa,

What are you scared of?

This forum exists to help you deal with DCAs and the threats they pose. I was scared too once, but from the moment I found this forum, things started to get better. That's not to say that all of my problems have gone away because they haven't, but knowing there are people 'out there' who are in the same boat and willing to help you is a great source of comfort.

Are you tackling your problems? Can you give us a link to your threads?

I'm not going to tell you that there is nothing to be frightened of or that your debts will disappear, but there are ways and means of mitigating things and putting everything back into a reasonable perspective.

Take care.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Im in too. After a year of no CCA, threats and harassment, Im coved with psoriasis and am on constant medication for depression. Im so scared I feel like killing myself.

Please come and join this thread :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/228805-yet-another-suicide-through.html

After I stopped answering the phone to MBNA because they were so nasty they then rang my neighbours and asked them to put me on the phone...... My OH gave them such a blasting they didn't try again but I would be willing to give a statement if it would help.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

mikeandlisa,

What are you scared of?

This forum exists to help you deal with DCAs and the threats they pose. I was scared too once, but from the moment I found this forum, things started to get better. That's not to say that all of my problems have gone away because they haven't, but knowing there are people 'out there' who are in the same boat and willing to help you is a great source of comfort.

Are you tackling your problems? Can you give us a link to your threads?

I'm not going to tell you that there is nothing to be frightened of or that your debts will disappear, but there are ways and means of mitigating things and putting everything back into a reasonable perspective.

Take care.

Regards.

Fred

Thank you Fred. Im on my own while hubby is serving abroad with the Army and its all getting a bit much. Im going to have to pull myself together and I`ll post you some threads asap. In the meantime many thanks for your kind words xxxx

Thank you Fred. Im on my own while hubby is serving abroad with the Army and its all getting a bit much. Im going to have to pull myself together and I`ll post you some threads asap. In the meantime many thanks for your kind words xxxx

Hi mikeandlisa, you're welcome.

Just remember the golden rule - NEVER talk to these people on the 'phone. Insist on everything being in writing. If they do ring, just don't answer their security questions. There are plenty of strategies for dealing with this if you need them. At a stroke you will nullify their biggest weapon, the one by which they can lie to you, bully you and make you frightened.

You will always get help on here - a lot of us are in the same boat so rest assured you are not alone.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Just remember the golden rule - NEVER talk to these people on the 'phone. Insist on everything being in writing. If they do ring, just don't answer their security questions. There are plenty of strategies for dealing with this if you need them. At a stroke you will nullify their biggest weapon, the one by which they can lie to you, bully you and make you frightened.

You will always get help on here - a lot of us are in the same boat so rest assured you are not alone.

Regards.

Fred

Absolutely Fred, and don't forget to keep all your post, in and out, recorded and acknowledged. Time frames are a big matter with the law, not so much the creditors:cool: They will instruct a bunch of monkeys to harass you and break all the laws. Just be fair, upfront and do not be bullied. They care about you far less than you about them:cool:

Try and read as much as you can on here with regard to your creditor and don't feel afraid to start your own thread where you will get specific answers:)

Regards.

Fred

As a side note i actually had a home visit on Mon because of what this site and the good people on have taught me in the short time i've been a member it didnt even raise my pulse rate i was civil but firm with him corrected him on his obvious lack of knowledge in the area of debt and enforcement and the fact the case was clearly in dispute . He left appologising to me . Professorgbr fellow cagger was with me at time so a witness as well . Having said that would he have been so nice if little old lady/single mum trying to feed her kids anwsered the door instead of a large plumber . Mikeandlisa a lot of us have been to dark places then with the help of this site turned it around . What changes "attitude" they have power because people give them power its all perspective . As your hubby is in the forces to quote napolion bonapart "no battle has ever been won on the defensive" I found just making a list and prioritizing it takes the stress away once its on paper its not so scary . I understand you have a double worry with OH away take small steps and dont let these bullies get away with it . With A99 and Fred you have some good help once you've been on this site a while you will realise its really they who need worry !

• 6 months later...

Hi moonstar1, Bit late on this one I'm afraid as the originator of this thread had to ditch any action due to lack of support. I am replying, rather than him, as he was also banned from the site for complicated reasons I won't go into here!