Non contact from Barclaycard

Regulus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Took out a barclaycard at when I was 18/19, I forget which. I maxed it out liek a complete doofus and got into trouble meeting repayments.

Went through citizens advice and managed to get a repayment of £1 pcm, this was about 5 years ago.

Last year, I lost my job and my bank account was closed, I never bothered contacting Barclaycard because they had never tried to contact me since I made that £1 pcm agreement with me. Since my account closed down, they have only tried to contact me once, by phone, and my girlfriend feigned ignorance. Nothing since. I haven't told them my new address since I moved 18 months ago, but I also know they haven't tried to send me letters as my old landlord would have told me had any mail gone to that house for me.

So, what should I do? Ignore it and wait to see if they let it go the 6 years or get ahead of it and take the initiative?

Yes they did whack on some charges, and I could certainly use that money right now, but on the flip side, If I never hear from them again, thats £2500 I never have to repay.

Not sure what to do here.

Unemployed for 225 days, 32 weeks. Here's praying I find work before 40 (at this rate before 40 years old, not 40 weeks :s)

vs Capital One: CCA req sent 6/7/09. No reply

vs LTSB Credit Car: CCA req sent 6/7/09. No reply

vs LTSB Loans: CCA req sent 6/7/09. No reply

vs Marehill Finance: CCA req sent 6/7/09. CA recieved 10/7/09

Hi Regulus,

If you only stopped paying the a/c 1 year ago, it's a further 5 years before the debt becomes Statute Barred. So I think they'll come looking for you at some stage.

What I would suggest is that you keep any statements which you have for the a/c as evidence of penalty charges made to it.

If they come after you in, say, 3 years time and you then ask for all statements, they'll only supply them going back 6 years from when you ask. Hence, you'll lose out on older charges.

If you reclaim all charges now, they'll use the refund to reduce the balance owing on the a/c.

When you get a job again and get back on your feet, you could review the situation then. :)

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Okey Dokey, Il run with it that way then.

Thank you very much.

Unemployed for 225 days, 32 weeks. Here's praying I find work before 40 (at this rate before 40 years old, not 40 weeks :s)

vs Capital One: CCA req sent 6/7/09. No reply

vs LTSB Credit Car: CCA req sent 6/7/09. No reply

vs LTSB Loans: CCA req sent 6/7/09. No reply

vs Marehill Finance: CCA req sent 6/7/09. CA recieved 10/7/09