overbooked hotel in greece HELP !!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my nephew had a call from thomas cook last night informing him and his wife that the accomodation they chose in zante had been double booked , and they are supposed to fly out nxt thurs

can anyone tell me what the regulations are that the travel company must do for them , they are waiting for a call sometime today but they dont know what their rights are in this situation

hes been really poorly for some time and has been looking forward to this holiday so much

thanks in advance

x

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]DONT GET MAD .....GET EVEN 8-)

Just IMO, but these circumstances are not beyond their control (well, they might be...but not your concern). Laws and Regulations try and keep things subjective and open for all parties, thus we are talking grey areas to my mind (one of the reasons why the tourism industry gets away with blue murder) as much as they are struggling, it's no defence.....

That's not to say they are being funny here, I doubt that, but generally...

IMO, they have to relocate their customers and it is up to them whether they choose to take it or not.... because I believe they could just cancel (in a world where companies play by the book).

Significant alterations to essential terms

12. In every contract there are implied terms to the effect that—

(a) where the organiser is constrained before the departure to alter significantly an essential term of the contract, such as the price (so far as regulation 11 permits him to do so), he will notify the consumer as quickly as possible in order to enable him to take appropriate decisions and in particular to withdraw from the contract without penalty or to accept a rider to the contract specifying the alterations made and their impact on the price; and

(b) the consumer will inform the organiser or the retailer of his decision as soon as possible.

• Haha 1