A question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Let's say I obtained a new Credit Card on 1st Jan 2003....

If I made purchases on this credit card every month in 2003 ...and didn't pay anything back, would the purchases made in Jan, Feb, March, April, May now be statute barred and the purchases made in June through to December still be owing?

Might sound like a dumb question but I'm a bit bored and thought I'd rack your collective brains. :p:D

Just hate every DCA out there

Might sound like a dumb question but I'm a bit bored and thought I'd rack your collective brains. :p:D

Doesn't matter how bored you get, anything is better than day time TV and the likes of Jeremy Kyle!

But to answer your question, coz I'm a bit bored also.

My first answer was going to be No! they wouldn't be SB.

But come to think of it, yeah I kinda think they might be, as you had never paid anything toward the debt, and as SB law goes, the limitation date starts from the time you last acknowledged or paid any money on the debt.

If you continued spending on the card and you never made a payment toward the debt, and they foolishly allowed you to continue spending on it, then i don't see why the earlier months debts wouldn't be SB.:p

Now I'm off to watch Dave!:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

i think you will find it is the last financial transaction eitherway.

so date of last purchase/use or payment is when the clock starts ticking.

if you purchased an item, you effectively ack the card and thus the debt

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Nice thought but I dont think it works that way, by using the card you are acknowledging the account, stat barred only works if you dont acknowldge the card/account for 6 years

Snap dx100UK

• Haha 1

Nice thought but I dont think it works that way, by using the card you are acknowledging the account, stat barred only works if you dont acknowldge the card/account for 6 years

Snap dx100UK

Yeah, stands to reason I guess, payment or not you are acknowledging the account, shame, nice idea though!:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!