Overdraft coverted to loan-skint!

Teetacbin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

A few years back I had no work for awhile and our authorised overdraft built up alarmingly, which NW allowed to keep increasing. Finally they offered us the chance to convert it into a loan (they would have been a load of charges amongst all that). Later we sorted ourselves and managed to claim back our charges from them but it has always rankled that we have a big loan, a fair chunk of which was down to the overdraft coversion.

We have fallen on tough times again due to work hours being cut in the recession, we no longer use the NW account but there is about £2800 overdraft on there and looking back that is about what they owe us in charges again now.

So two questions:

1) Can I go down the hardship route and claim this to clear the overdraft because we are in actual hardship.

2) Can anything be done about the fact that we had to convert the overdraft including charges into the new loan?

1) the likelihood is a no because the overdraft is not a priority debt

2) Hmmm, you have already got the charges back that the loan paid off, but wonder if the interest on the loan might be worth a claim on since the charges were part of it.

I think this is one for site team to answer IMHO or someone more knowledgeable than me.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf