darrenLH1977 vs Citi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

CC with a £500 limit, £600 in charges, plus interest of £81.33.

I already had all my statements, filed N1 on 27/6, they were deemed served on 8/7, notice to defend on 18/7, defence posted to me on 21/7. AQ to be taken in on 7/8. They claim it is not a money claim but a damages claim, and they dispute how I have worked out the interest, I am sending them a table of how the interest was worked out.

In the defence they posted they admitted to selling my debt to Cabot for £177, and that they lost £650 in doing so, I could hardly read through the tears.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My case against CitiCard has a court date, I've been speaking to David Travis and he has told me (over the phone then in writing) that Citi will prove that each breach only cost them £12.88. The gist of the conversation being that now they observe the OFTs new price of £12 they are losing 88p per charge on their actual overheads.

However if they state this in court are they not opening the door to claims by every Citi customer who has ever been charged to claim back the difference between their pre-£12 charges? Most were set at £25 so this would be admitting to overcharging every customer by £12.12, would it not. Have any other cases ever got to the point where a bank has stated a price in court?

Please have a search for Lickthewallfatboy's thread in Citi, where they did this for the first - and only - time.

There is no such thing as an OFT "new price", there is a threshold at which the OFT will take legal action against the banks themselves. The OFT state that £12 is NOT to be seen as an acceptable amount, and that only a court can decide what is or isnt a penalty charge.

Beware talking to them on the phone, they will poison your mind and convince you that day is night and that they're losing money whenever they charge you unlawful charges!!! :rolleyes:

DO you not have an existing thread?

[edit: found it. Merged 2 threads, pls keep your updates and queries to one thread per claim in future, thanks.]

I do. But I thought this was a general point. David Travis has promised me he'll be in court. I have looked through the quoted threads. I got David to put £12.88 in writing. I wasn't sure if this was a significant thing.

Which court?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

hi, a pal of mine who has a citi credit card tells me he had a letter from citi, 30 days notice, that their standard monthly interest rate has gone up to 27.9%pa a rise of 60%, citi must need this money to pay brian smith bill.

Has anybody else had a letter.

Know that the Kissick case got dismissed as a case history in Keren29`s case as N.Ireland law is different to that here. Still Citi continue to use it.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

how does it cost £12.88 to add an automatic charge to my statement. does that extra line of ink contain gold?

Halifax WON X 2, Northern Rock WON, Capital One WON, Marbles WON, HSBC WON

On the 25th october I will be filing a claim for £175.00 Citicards. Just watch it!