Arco, Hull - Work King Trousers Problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My friend has recently purchased a pair of Work King trousers from Arco, Hull, he has bought this particullar make of trousers from this retailer for a number years with no problems.

His latest purchase consisted of 2 pairs of 34 inch trousers, the first pair was a perfect fit, the following week he opened the other packet, checked the size etc, as every thing was ok he ironed the trousers and wore them the next day.

His job consists of a lot of driving, during the day he noticed that the trousers where extremely uncomfortable, to the extent that he had to leave work and return home, once at home he removed the trousers and examined them, whilst the waist measurement seemed ok he was convinced that there was a stiching fault with them, his pains that were caused because of these trousers gradualy got better during the day.

The following day he emailed the customer care department, he received a call asking him to take the trousers back to the shop, he returned back to the shop later in the week, the store manager did not seem at all bothered, he measured my friend in the presence of other customers and embarresed him by stating that he was in fact a 36 inch waist and not a 34 inch, hence why the trousers did not fit well, my friend vigourasly defended this comment, he explained that he had purchased 2 pairs of the same trouser with no problems with the first pair, the manager refused to change them, he explained that they would have to be sent off for investigation, the relevent form was filled in, the manager would let my friend know as soon as the item was back.

Approx 3 days after this the manager rang my friend requesting that he paid the carriage to and from the factory concerned, my friend stated that this was not mentioned or agreed when he was in the store, my friend then requested he speak to a higher level manager, he received a call shortly afterwards, this manager was also reluctant to do anything, my friend then informed him that he would attend at the store to collect the trousers, the manager stated that they would be there waiting.

The following day my friend picked up the trousers, he examined them briefly in the store, on returning home later in the day, he noticed that the trousers had been changed, my friend had made a small cut in one of tags, this was not present in the trousers in which he had picked up, he tried them on and they was absolutly fine, the company had changed the trousers at some point !

The following day my friend rang the same manager up, he explained his concerns that the trousers had been changed, the manager stated that this was not possible, he bacame very abrupt and defensive towards my friend, he also accused him of been after compensation, my friend once again disputed this comment, the manager stated that all calls where recorded and this had been something my friend had requested, my friend informed the manager that he would be requesting the details of these calls for evidence.

My friend wrote to this company on 27 April 2009 requesting the details be released under the Data Protection Act, he has not receieved a reply or acknowledgment to date, my friend is willing to forget about the matter but i am convinced he can do more, he was in extreme pain because of these trousers, the company has abviously changed these trousers to avoid any blame !

Sorry about the long story but your comments would be very much appreciated, many thanks in advance for your help and comments.

The retailers worst nightmare !

I personally would listen to your friend. There really isn't an issue here. Your friend ordered, paid for and received trousers tho it took a while.

As for the extreme pain, I wear both sizes 34 and 36, I would find it difficult to believe that someone was able to put on and go to work in a size of clothing which would later become extreme pain without noticing when getting dressed.

I personally would listen to your friend. There really isn't an issue here. Your friend ordered, paid for and received trousers tho it took a while.

As for the extreme pain, I wear both sizes 34 and 36, I would find it difficult to believe that someone was able to put on and go to work in a size of clothing which would later become extreme pain without noticing when getting dressed.

Thanks for your comments, whilst i was concerned with the pain he endured, it was the after service he receieved, the company swapping the item without his knowledge and the ignorance with the Data Protection Act request, surely the company must have supplied the requested information or at least acknowledged the request, there is still a few days to go so he might receive a reply yet.

The retailers worst nightmare !