Help with student bursary 07/08

paulandgayle07
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

Ok - i started college in sept 07 and was awarded a bursary of £3500 which was paid every 4 weeks to £345.

In feb/march i had to leave as all our lecturers were part-time and some didnt even bother showing up or at last minute we would be told classes were cancelled and told to go home.

Now obviously we had placed complaints to the student/teacher committe but nothing was happening.

What annoyed us is that due to the teachers errors/classes being cancelled - we were marked down as non attendant etc - trying to prove this was pretty damn difficult as no teacher = no witness to say otherwords.

Now in July 08 i was contacted via letter to state the obvious that my bursary had been cancelled due to non attendance but that i also owed about £270 of overpayment.

I phoned up - paid monthly and my last payment was in december 08 where the woman i spoke to (i decided to go to the college and pay it personally) said there is no more monies outstanding and would send me out the reciept for the payment of £10 with a letter finalising the bill.

Now - over 6months later i get a letter this morning saying i still owe £200 and i have 7 days to call or its debt is passed on.

Im unemployed - im also starting as a student in sept at another college and i have no way of paying this.

I was told (not shown as the woman i spoke too told me it was confidential files etc) that everything was cleared so its going to be my word against theirs!

Is there anythig i can do - 6 months to get back to me regarding this -to what i believed and was told was closed matter!!

Any ideas?