style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm new here so apologies if this is a bit forward. I was wondering if there's any reason why RBS and BOS are in the same forum? If anything, BOS should be merged with the Halifax forum and RBS with the NatWest one. I just thought it was strange the two banks shared a forum when they don't have any links at all.

Royal Bank of Scotland - settled

seaweasel is not a lawyer

True, but that's their only link. Using that logic you should really put LloydsTSB and Clydesdale in the same forum too, even though they're a merger of a Scottish and English bank, and an Australian owned bank repectively. I think it confuses things, they should either be split into their own threads or merged with the banks that they are actually connected to. After all HBOS is effectively one bank now so it makes sense that it's different brands should be dealt with in one place.

Of course I've just started posting here so I don't want to rock the boat, it just seems a bit counter-productive to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Seaweasel

Just become a helper and going thru posts and i think the answer to this is that court laws in scotland are different to those in the England ie small claims in Scotland has a £750 limit whereas the England its £5000 but I see what you mean. It is probably all to do with the memory space a seperate forum would take.

Hope this helps

I hadn't thought of bandwidth/space issues (although I wouldn't think that there would be a problem), but from what I've seen there seems to be just as many, if not more, RBS and HBOS threads from English users as Scottish users (and there's also a seperate forum for Scots law issues). Combining RBS and HBOS is no more relevant than putting Barclays and Abbey into the same forum because they are both English banks.

PS - Scotland is in the UK, I think you meant English courts. Sorry to be pedantic but considering what the banks' lawyers are like, it's good to be accurate about these things!

I'm not so sure, I think there's more potential for people to confuse things at present. Given the HBOS dual branding I don't think you'd get many BOS customers posting in an RBS/Natwest thread and vice versa.

I don't want to make too big a deal of this but it just doesn't make sense to me. Given that three of Britain's biggest banking groups are combinations of English and Scottish banks, I find that lumping RBS and BOS together is unhelpful and (while I'm certain it's not the case) could be construed by some people as a London-centric attitude that lumps anything Scottish together regardless.

I (and I'm sure some other users) would be happy to tidy any threads gone astray if the forums were to change, but in my view the advantages of changing are greater.

Stop arguing, you lot! lol

Ok, the answer is that it is a mistake, made when the forum was young, and that unfortunately, what with the gazillions of posts to answer and other stuff, Admin has not yet found a chnce to sort it out. We know that one shd go with Natwest, and one with Halifax, and it will happen eventually.

*Note to self* Must start nagging Admin -again- about this.

Cool. As I said, I'm new here so I didn't want to start a big argument, I just wanted to see if there was a reason for the way things were set up. I'm glad it's all in hand.