Me vs GE (Debs, Burton, Topshop and DP) Important Question too!

thebokebeast
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

Right I have just sent off my letter and postal order for £10 to GE capital requesting my statements and charges info. I had to phone GE capital to get my old account numbers as I no longer had them as I had stopped using the DEVILS DEBT a few years ago! But the charges followed me for a long time! The guy in Customer Services kept telling me that I did not have any accounts with GE....but after much effort I told him to do an address search under my name and date of birth. So he eventually found them and gave me the opening and closing dates of the accounts....some where still open, in fact one had a 74 p credit on it which i asked him to send me a cheque to that value....he said are you serious, its only 74p and I reminded him that if i owed GE 74p and did not pay they would charge me about £20! Its my money so give it back...he said the cheque is on its way!

I sent one £10 postal order for all 4 accounts as it is the same company and thus they have all my info.

I now wait for their reply....I am sure that they probably wont reply and just ignore the letter and cash in the postal order as they seem to do that.

But fingers crossed.....

Any advice or comments greatly welcomed!

Anyone got any contact details for anyone in GE that I can email or phone if I get no reply?

Damien

Damien

interesting that they gave you account details over the pohne, i am going to try that too, see what chagres they made on my store cards in the past.

Did you send them a SAR by recorded?

Just a thought, if you can use a cheque and recorded it gives you confidnece to know its arrived and you can confirm of course you knw when they process payment.

I do realise that the deadline in terms of the DPA starts when they receive the SAR, but for me its another way of helping to track whats happening.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi Bokebeast, Just do a quick check on your account, in the near future because they HAVE credited the £10- fee back to claimants account on several occasions. Especially if it's a postal order, much more difficult to check really! Think they rely on these tactics to delay, or could they just be incompetent. I'm going with the latter, he he....

Woolwich won in court/default removed Barclaycard Settled Halifax settled

Capital 1Settled GE Money Settled

Egg Settled-court action re.default 4th hearing!

Thanks for the advice folks,

Yes i see what you mean about the cheques being easily traced, but i dont actually have acheque book so had to do it that way. But each postal order has tracability now....so you can phone up with you postal order number (on the reciept you get with it) and they can tell you if it has been cashed.

The only account info they gave me over the phone was my account numbers, balances and date when the accounts where opened

sorry to continue.. cat jumped on to my laptop.

and closed, but i wasn't given or did not ak for charges info.

but I have sent the DPA letter by recorded so i am waiting patiently for a reply.

keep me`posted with how GE eal with your case!!

Damien