B and Q - Complete satisfaction or your money back !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

need more details, their returns policy states that they will take back ANY unused products with 90 days. Let us know what the problem is?

Not a problem as such, just a heads up, i had a problem recently regarding some paint i bought, basically i used a quarter of the tub, the coverage was very poor and the odour was extremely strong, as i was not satisfied i took the item back for a refund or credit note, i have done this before with no problems, this time it was a problem and the response from the store was extremelly poor !

I sent this email to them:

Sent: 11 April 2009 23:17

To: bandqcustomerservices@b-and-q.co.uk

Cc: xxxxxxx

Subject: COMPLAINT - HULL, FERRY LANE STORE, xxxxxxxxxx

COMPLAINT - HULL, FERRY LANE STORE, xxxxxxxxxx

To whom it may concern

I am contacting you regarding my recent visit to your Hull, Ferry Lane store, today 11 April 2009, at approx 1435hrs and to inform you of the problems that i had to endure with a member of your staff, xxxxxxxxx. I have provided you with a brief description of what happened below.

On the 31 January 2009 i purchased a number of items from your Hull, Ferry Lane Store, amongst these items where two pots of Kitchen and bathroom, white, matt, emulsion paint. The following week i started to decorate my bathroom, on applying the emulsion i noticed an immediate problem with coverage, that it was not covering well, to the extent that the B and Q value range actually covers better, i have used this range before, rather then continue to use the effected paint i stopped.

On or around 9 February 2009, i contacted the store to discuss my problems with the paint, i was advised to bring the paint back to store for a full refund, i explained that due to work commitments i would be unable to do this for approx two months, i was informed that this would be ok as long as it was within ninety days.

On the 11 April 2009, i attended at your Hull, Ferry Lane store, to obtain my refund for the effected paint, on arrival i attended at the Customer Service Desk, i was served by a very helpful person, i explained my problems to her, which included poor coverage, one of the tubs where unopened and one was approx three quarters full, as one of the tubs where opened she had to call for assistance from the paint department.

xxxx arrived at the Customer Service Desk, she examined the paint, she explained that the store had not received any other complaints and she would have to call for assistance, her male colleague arrived at the Customer Service Desk, xxxx explained my concerns to him, he informed that the paint seemed ok and he would have to send it away for examination before any refund would be paid, i explained to him i had since been informed of the guarantee on the tubs of paint which clearly state that a refund would be given if you are not completely satisfied, i also explained that i had made a call to this store prior to visiting and was informed that a refund would be made.

I then continued to inform him that even if the examination proved to be ok, i was still not satisfied and a refund should be made to me today, he refused to change his mind and he became very arrogant towards me, i then asked him to confirm the guarantee on the tub of paint, he was reluctant to do this and told me you can read cant you ? i explained to him that i suffered from dyslexia and it was my partner who had to told me the guarantee details, he then read out the information on the tub, i asked him if i could speak to the manager, he informed me that he was not in today, i asked to speak to the assistant manager, he informed me that he was the duty manager today, i was amazed at hearing this, i asked for his name and the contact details of the head office, he reluctantly wrote the details on the back of my receipt, these where xxxxxxxxx, 02380256256, xxx than told me the decision would not be changed and i would be wasting my time complaining and that any one could bring paint half empty back for a refund.

Due to the amount of customers present i never reacted to his comment, i did inform him that i would be still complaining. Before i left the store both xxxx and the original server asked if there was anything else they could do to help, which i was grateful.

On returning to my car, i explained the problems to my partner that i just had to endure, i was extremely upset, stressed and agitated at been dealt with in this manner by xxxxxxxxx, my partner suggested that i attend at the other Band Q Store in our city, in an attempt to sort out this matter.

At approx 1505hrs, i contacted your Hull, St Andrews Quay Store, via telecom, i was put through to xxxxxxxxxxxxx, i explained the problems noted above to him, he explained that because the items and problems where with the Hull East Store they would have to deal with it, he was reluctant, understandably, not to make comment, after a lengthy discussion i informed him that i would be attending at his store for a refund, he never said anything and the phone line went dead, i think he hung up on me, i did apologise in advance to xxxxxxxx if i seemed to be high rate, this was because of the way i had just been dealt with by xxxxxxxxx at the Hull, Ferry Lane Store.

At approx 1600hrs, i attended at your Hull, St Andrews Quay Store, i attended the Customer Service Desk and was served by an extremely helpful xxxxx, i explained my problems to her, she was very apologetic and explained that if i was not completely satisfied i should of received a refund on the spot, she examined the effected pots of paint and my receipt and provided me with a full refund, i thanked her for her help and continued shopping at the store.

Further to the above, i have had reason to complain about your Hull, Ferry Lane Store approx six years ago, because of the poor customer service i received, this customer service had improved, however, after the incident today i can confirm that i will no longer be shopping at the this store and i may possibly take my business else where totally.

I would be grateful if you could now carry out your own investigation into this matter and provide me with an explanation and reassurance, if i do not receive a response within a realistic time scale, i will have no option but to contact the relevant department of the Trading Standards Agency, as i believe your guarantees are in breach of the Misdiscription Act, i will also make my concerns known via the public domain, i trust that this will not be necessary and a reply will be received at your earliest opportunity.

Many thanks for your help and understanding in advance, if i can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours faithfully

I have since received a call from a manager together with a written appology they also enclosed a gift card.

Edited by Big Boss Man

The retailers worst nightmare !