B and Q Installations.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I don't really want to go into great detail with my unfortunate experiences with the above company, but suffice to say that I cannot recommend them to change a fuse in my plug, let alone supply and fit a new bathroom that I paid a lot of money for back in February 2009.

Please, please, please do yourself a favour and avoid this company at all costs to install anything in your precious home and, instead, use a proper tradesman that comes with a recommendation, or even the YP/'Thompson' local.

'B and Q, haven't a clue', more like..!!

They may be good at selling DIY goods over the counter, but they lose the plot totally when working in people's houses.

Guest Old_andrew2018

Why not include some detail, you may get advice on how to tackle the company.

Andy

Thanks for your replies.

Sorry about being so vague, but it would equate to a short novel if I told the full tale.

Suffice to say that the £5,550 [uncomplicated] bathroom took 31 days to complete when it should have been 8 days..!!

I am now having problems getting them back to secure the loose toilet seat fixings under their warranty agreement, although things may be happening tomorrow on that front.

I just wish I'd kept my old bathroom suite, despite its 17 year age, and would not recommend B and Q for anything..

Pete

No matter who you go to, things can go wrong - even with the best and most skilled of companies / people.

The true test comes to what they do when you say "There's a problem".

Do they take the phone off the hook and claim that all the staff are on holiday, or do they have someone round next day to inspect and someone round the next day to sort it out along with a sincere apology and some compensation or other form of apology?

Most companies claim the latter, but I suspect the former is more likely.

It isn't always easy getting through to the right person by telephone. They always ask, 'who's calling', then they decide whether the person you want to speak to is on a break, or not..!!

I wrote a letter of complaint to the CEO and branch office in April, only to receive £50 in gift vouchers [which I am loathe to spend because it means going into the shop..!!], and the value of the faulty/cracked shower tray, £200, was credited to my bank account. So, the total sum for my inconvenience is £250, or 5% of the cost of the bathroom.

B and Q just don't seem to care, and the quality of their materials appear to be inferior...'Made in China' springs to mind.

Cheers, all.