HSBC 1st Offer

peter201177
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been on with my claim for a while now..

5-6-06 DPA letter was sent on the .

13-7-06 Repayment of charges requested

29-7-06 Letter before action sent.

I had heard nothing from HSBC acknowledging my claim at all.

I then today (3-8-06) recieved a letter from Colin Langdale offering me a settlement of £1020 (I am claiming £1159.50).

Obviously I want the full amount and am not going to accept this, is there a standard letter basically saying I refuse this settlemnent and require the full amount to be paid.

Any advice would be much appreciated, I dont know wether to say I accept this is part payment but still require the rest.

What have other people generally done in this situation, as I said a letter template would be ideal.

Thanks people....

I'm just about to send off my letter saying I'll accept as partial payment and will carry on with the claim for the rest.

I've posted what I wrote on my thread.

Dani

Thanks Dani,

I'm in a bit of a different boat I think, in that I havent started my MCOL yet. What do you think about the letter below? Can i claim the 8% interest without 1st having to file a MCOL.

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxx & xxxxxxxxx

With reference to your letter dated 02-08-06. I accept the sum of £1020.00 in partial payment and will continue with my claim for the rest, which now includes 8% interest, which comes to a total of £1401.31.

The original 14 day deadline still stands and if I have heard nothing from yourselves before the 12-08-06 then I shall initiate court proceedings without further notice.

Yours faithfully,

Peter,

You can't add the 8% until you actually file the claim through MCOL.

If you try claiming the 8% straight away then should you go all the way to court it may appear that you are being both sloppy and greedy with your claim. You don't want to give the bank any way of weaseling out!!

28/07/06 - Prelim letter sent to HSBC for £3648

31/07/06 - Letter rec'd at HSBC

14/08/06 - LBA sent to HSBC

16/08/06 - LBA rec'd at HSBC

22/08/06 - Finally!! first reply from HSBC offering £2000

23/08/06 - Letter to HSBC declining offer, saying I want ALL my money!!

31/08/06 - MCOL filed for £4551.96, to be deemed served on 06/09/06

05/09/06 - HSBC Acknowledge claim

22/09/06 - DG Solicitors offer full amount in settlement, I accept!!

27/09/06 - Full amount paid into my acount

28/09/06 - Full amount taken out of my account!!!!!:mad:

29/09/06 - Cheque arrives, FOR SOMEBODY ELSE!! with all their account details in a letter adressed to me!!!

29/09/06 - HSBC refuse to pay money back into my account

If I have been of any help, please click on the scales in the top right corner! :)

SO do I send a letter back saying something along the lines of:

With reference to your letter dated 02-08-06. I accept the sum of £1020.00 in partial payment and will continue with my claim for the rest.

The original 14 day deadline still stands and if I have heard nothing from yourselves before the 12-08-06 then I shall initiate court proceedings without further notice.

Yours faithfully,

* Thanks for the quick replies people. So what we are saying is that if the bank offers to settle the full claim before I have to put a MCOL form in then I cant claim the lovely 6 years worth of interst...... BAH :mad:

Yep, I'd send that.

No, if they offer you a full settlement before you go to court, you can't refuse it. Well you can, but it wouldn't go down too well with the courts!!!!

Dani

hi they offered me a partial refund and I took them to court a week later I have the full amount. they offered me everything but told me to be confidential about the matter. I wish I had defended my sons account but I couldn't cope with mine and his. they will surrender if you get your act together. I am celebrating I won the case today thanks to everyone

Hi Peter

Try this

I will accept this offer as the first instalment of the full amount of £x,xxx.xx and will continue with my claim until the remaining amount of £x,xxx.xx is also refunded.