A&l Ppi - repaid - **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I took out a loan with A&L 3 years ago. In March received a letter from them re PPI (didn't know I had one) I rang them and advised them that I didn't know I had one because I was on benefits and a PPI was no use to me. They sent me a form to sign which I did and returned it to them. They then sent me a new credit agreement to sign for the remainder of the loan minus the PPI

I signed that and returned it over a week ago. I rang them today to find out what was happening to the money they owe me. Was told it was with their cheque dept for issue but due to some fault in their system they didn't know when the cheque would be sent out. Seeing I have a current account with A&L I asked could the money not be transferred to there, was told they didn't have the facility to do this and it was agreed by them that all payments would be made by cheque. I think this is a stalling technique how can a bank be unable to transfer money into an account. By the time the cheque arrives I will have to travel 10 miles to my nearest branch to lodge the cheque and god knows how long the cheque will take to clear. If I owed them money god knows how much would be added to it in penalty charges. Does anyone know if I can report this to anyone.

Many Thanks

there are other instances of this.

look or post in the A&L forum or the PPI forum.

this is p'haps not the right forum.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Recently I had the same response from A & L regarding refund of PPi money,was told it was all up to the cheque department when they release payment.

I could not find any other threads apart from Ronvin's post which appeared to be approx 19 days from posting acceptance to receiving payment.

Anyone have any additional info??

Hi

Was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I took out a loan with A&L 3 years ago. In March received a letter from them re PPI (didn't know I had one) I rang them and advised them that I didn't know I had one because I was on benefits and a PPI was no use to me. They sent me a form to sign which I did and returned it to them. They then sent me a new credit agreement to sign for the remainder of the loan minus the PPI

I signed that and returned it over a week ago. I rang them today to find out what was happening to the money they owe me. Was told it was with their cheque dept for issue but due to some fault in their system they didn't know when the cheque would be sent out. (delaying tactic they owe folks a ton of money for mis-selling) Seeing I have a current account with A&L I asked could the money not be transferred to there, was told they didn't have the facility to do this and it was agreed by them that all payments would be made by cheque. I think this is a stalling technique how can a bank be unable to transfer money into an account. ( I would agree) By the time the cheque arrives I will have to travel 10 miles to my nearest branch to lodge the cheque and god knows how long the cheque will take to clear. If I owed them money god knows how much would be added to it in penalty charges. Does anyone know if I can report this to anyone.

Many Thanks

It all depends on the timing. If they have agreed to a refund then that is good but keep tabs on them and if they do not refund within your timeframe bang in a complaint to the FOS. Every complaint against a company (after 4 complaints) exacts a fee from the FOS against the company of £500 so it may be worth while reminding them if they do not send the cheque as promised you will bang in a complaint for their failure to settle your complaint and that will cost them.

You may also wish to remind them of a recent fine from the FSA....

Alliance & Leicester to pay £7 million fine for PPI failings

you may fall within the dates for mis-selling see this extract from the above link and also check the link fully it may give you the ammunition you need to get a full refund.

"For three years from January 2005 to December 2007 A&L sold approximately 210,000 PPI policies to customers seeking a personal loan at an average price of £1,265, but there was a general failure by advisers to give customers details of the cost of PPI. In addition A&L sought to find reasons to sell PPI without properly considering what customers needed."

It would seem your loan falls within the period of the mis-selling they were fined for by the FSA I would remind them of this and state you will make further complaints to the FSA if your refund is not forthcoming within 7 days.:eek:

Be a shame if they had to fork out another £7m:-D

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thanks again aa, I have given A + L 7 days.

I can't believe there is not more jumping up and down over this on the forum, there must be more than 2 caggers waiting for protracted refund from A+L?

Do you think I should start a specific new thread inviting people to share their payout experiences (or lack thereof)?

Hello Mr wheeler,

Do you think I should start a specific new thread inviting people to share their payout experiences (or lack thereof)?

I would start you own thread it keeps everything in order. At the moment you are in nancyspains thread this makes it difficult to follow and advise two caggers at the same time.

Dedicated thread of your own would be better. Hijacking a thread as it is known as is also against the site rules.;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Received cheque for PPI this morning. Thanks to all for the help:grin:

Great result nancy

aa

Edited by alanalana

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Well Done Nancy another heads up

congratulations.gif

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.