style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

i have submitted a claim on a ppi last april 2008 it seems to have gone on a long time, i have also phoned them from time to time and seems to me to have took ages is this normal .so is this normall

thanks

What type of letter did you send ? was it an S.A.R request for docs or a PRE-LIM letter requesting payment.

Need some more info as to where you are at so i can target you with the right answers.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

hi

i sent of a form with this company acting for me this was april 2008, together with a fee of ten pounds,,, took ages for them to get back to me over this,, jolted them again, then i heard from the company i am complaining against,they acknowldged my complaint, and said they will just be contacting me in future and not the company involved this was last year. contacted the company acting for me they told me they were at the stage to forward this to the ombusman.. this was last year phoned them again this week the girl on the phone said the very same thing,,, we are in the process of contacting the ombusman,, i told her you are joking because you told me this last year in october,,,, i just dont know where i stand with this company is this a long time for them to sort this out ,, i have not bothered them so much with this but i am getting rather fed up with them now it seems to me when i have contacted them i seem to get letters of them they also told me last april it would take 4 months, it is now 13 months not sure where i go on this,, as i know if was most definately misold

jue

Ok im guessing the company you refer too was acting for you to get the money refunded.

So the first thing to do is get rid of them and do it yourself its not hard with the support of this site.

As for the S.A.R request you send they have failed by not sending the info you requested in the 40 day time limit.

So to get this back on track we will need to send a letter before action letter to them giving them 7 days to supply the docs requested.

If after the 7 days they still do not respond we are then free to refer your complaint to the FOS.

I have to go now as it is getting late, but i will return tomorrow and post the LBA template letter on here for you to send.

If you have anymore questions post them before i return tomorrow and ill deal with that too.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

It may also be a good idea if you have a read up of the sticys at the top of the ppi forum as there is good info there and it lists the many mis-sold reasons.

PF

hi

thanks for replying, am i within my rights to get 'rid of this company' do i have an obligation to them with me signing, first of all, i do not want to be sued by them, i signed a document to say they will act for me. how do i stand on this, 13 months on and phoning them again today and saying they they will conantact me yet again they have not conactacted me even told them to leave a message on my phone they never did

so 13 months on?

??

thanks

thanks for replying, am i within my rights to get 'rid of this company' do i have an obligation to them with me signing, first of all, i do not want to be sued by them, i signed a document to say they will act for me. how do i stand on this, 13 months on and phoning them again today and saying they they will conantact me yet again they have not conactacted me even told them to leave a message on my phone they never did

so 13 months on?

I would write to this company acting on your behalf to ask them what stage they are at in recovering your PPI. Explain you are not happy at the lack of urgency and suggest if they cannot give you an estimated completion date that would be reasonable (you decide what you consider reasonable extension after 13 months of no result) you will not require them to act on your behalf. After all they will be expecting a chunk of any PPI recovered.

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Julie,

I would be telling them look you have had 13 months to work on this and you never reply to my calls or messages so im going elsewhere.

After all they work for you ( or supposed to) not the other way around so you are within your rights to get rid of them.

Regards

PF