help! Found out have a outstanding fine from years ago

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any one with any advice would be great.

I recently was stopped getting off a bendy bus and had forgotton to swipe in. It was literaly for two stops...was on phone, had just finished a 12hr shift etc.

Completly accepted it was my fault..was more than willing to pay the fine.

Only while doing checks on me the inspector finds out I have an outstanding fine from a few years back.

Now I remember getting a fine where basicly I had gone one stop further than my travel card zone and the station I had got off didnt accept pay as you go money from my oyster. I remember grumbling about this at the time bacause I wasnt trying to evade the fare that was a genuine mistake.

At the end of the day Im a goody two shoes...have never been in trouble and never intentionly do anything that goes against the rules..so I paid there and then in cash. The revenue guy even said to apeal and I might get my money back...I did appeal...surprisingly didnt get money back.

Im not sure what to do from here. Ive searched my whole house and cant find any receipt. If i bring it up now with the revenue poeple...will I have a leg to stand on? Will it get worse..will they now decide to prosecute or somehing. Do they keep their copy of the receipts? or is it all on computer and somewhere down the line someones made a mistake I will end up paying for? Why did I never recieve any follow up letters or anything from them..and as I had paid it I never realy thought about it again. Now Im seriosly worried.

If I do chase it up and they decide to prosecute I could lose my job...but on the other hand I cant just leave this hanging...it will affect a job Im going for at the moment because you have to declare any thing like this.

Plus it makes me wonder if its affected anything else..credit rating or other job applications...

Im wondering if i'll end up having to pay it all again..or triple as the amounts goes up after 21days and I initialy paid the £20 pounds. (or was it £25 cant remember)

I know it looks bad but I never meant either of these things to happen and I paid the fine both times. If any one could help I would appreciate it. Thank you

Edited by LoisLane78
updated