GARY68 V HALIFAX PPI-advice please **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5434 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

PF

your a star

The loan was actualy started 19.9.05 and Im sure there were a 2month deferred payment period which is where the 2 months in question have come into it,

I think I can amend this now to suit , I take it I dont have to put the spread sheet in, I will amend and print off for tuesday,

now im looking at doing all the ppi for credit cards which I know wont be that easy to do,-their word against mine about ticking the box...

I looked up on endeavour finance last night £23000 loan back in 2003 and payed off after a couple of years but guess what ,...it was a monthly premium:(

thanks again pf

Edited by GARY68
text

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleasure yes just change the date on the spreadsheet but remember it is formatted for 30 day cycle so when you change the first date the rest will auto change to reflect that. Also because of this you may find the figures will change too so you may need to amend the figures on the letter.

Also remember to change the date each day specially on the day you send the letter to make sure you are claiming the most possible.

Whether you send the spreadsheet is upto you but i should'nt think they will need it,lets be honest they know what they owe you.;)

Regards

PF

P.S good luck and may your fortunes be bright :)

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

I believe this is the right one to use for PPI.

Halifax Card Services

Pitreavie Business Park

Dunfermline

Fife

KY99 4BS

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Ha !! OK Gary,

Is this for a Prelim request claim or court claim??

Prelims go here,

Bank of Scotland

Customer Relations

PO Box 29112

Dunfermline

KY11 2ZX

or

HBOS PLC

Customer Relations

PO Box 548

Leeds

LS1 1WU

Court claims go here,

Bank of Scotland

The Mound

EDINBURGH

EH1 1YZ

or

HBOS PLC

TRINITY ROAD

HALIFAX

HX1 2RG

Depending if your in England or North of the boarder.

Lex

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

&

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Prelims go here,

Bank of Scotland

Customer Relations

PO Box 29112

Dunfermline

KY11 2ZX

or

HBOS PLC

Customer Relations

PO Box 548

Leeds

LS1 1WU

great many thanks lex I shall use the latter one as it is a prelim letter

Gaz

No probs Gaz :D

&

Well I thought I would start my own thread on Halifax -gold as I have many going on and Im starting to get mixed up a bit (folders everywhere)

to be honest this account was in excess of £5000 12 months ago but I paid lump sums off everything never missed a payment and ive had the card since 2002 then when I paid the lump sum off they reduced it to...£500 for no apparent reason when I phoned up apparently it was because I had 1 late payment that year...that hurt

seems to me the halifax have had loads of interest and ppi for seven years so Im getting some back#

Anyway its not just the £500 now because of the account in dispute its more like £700 with fees, the reason Ive gone with this is because Ive started other halifax cards which will soon be turned into threads.

well story so far:

feb sent cca letter

feb sent complaint regarding phone calls letter

feb sent dispute letter

march received t+c and usual under copy/notices statements

march sent this is not good enough and again in dispute

then 14th april received...

hfxgoldpg1.jpg

Now am I right in thinking this is a application form as it says "APPLICATION FORM" and of course there are no terms and condition ,prescribed terms,apr etc..

I think back in 2002 this was signed in the branch when we went in over another matter and this must have been printed out as our names etc were in print,

another point is on top of the form it has our account number wrote on in pen and the signature dates are all in the same handwriting ( ive scribbled over the top part of the page so you cant see...

but its the same writing as the date on the signatures-

how is that possible.

1 could this have been sent off by the branch then dated and signed ? or

2 could this have been authorised while we were sat there and they put a account number on the form?

spooky d/think

or well..I must be getting paranoid

• 3 weeks later...

Hi PF

Quick update received a letter from halifax, 9th May

regarding concerns about insurance applied to loan,we are keen to deal with your concerns........8 weeks to investigate complaint....

Lets hope they comeback with some possitive refunds

Dont want to wait the whole 8 weeks to find out,may give them a gentle nudge with a letter.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the same format as my previous default from Halifax,

Im right in thinking these are faulty because of the dates

received 3rd june

letter date 29th may

payment by 30th

I take it this is a default letter and not a notice?

any thought anyone.

gaz

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE TODAY

Received a letter..we are sorry you have had need to complain.......as a valued customer we wish to put you back in a position you would have been if you had not taken the insurance.....we will contact you within a month with offer...we will offset any oustanding balances you have with the Halifax etc..

Good news I hope,

the only thing im bothered about here is if they offset any of my balances that are in dispute like my credit cards(which I have also sent ppi refunds)

if this happens then I cant see my money gone already .

any thoughts?

UPDATE TODAY

Received a letter..we are sorry you have had need to complain.......as a valued customer we wish to put you back in a position you would have been if you had not taken the insurance.....we will contact you within a month with offer...we will offset any oustanding balances you have with the Halifax etc..

Good news I hope,

the only thing im bothered about here is if they offset any of my balances that are in dispute like my credit cards(which I have also sent ppi refunds)

if this happens then I cant see my money gone already .

any thoughts?

You can insist that the money is paid to you by personal cheque and not used to offset any outstanding balances. Have a read through this thread....Multiple agreements falling within section 18 CCA 1974

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

right a part result now u need to send another letter pointing out as the ppi was not part of the loan and missold to me 4 reasons already explained you have to put me back in the position i should have been in and as the ppi would not have been taken out with your company it is fair to say that money would of been in my pocket this is also how the FOS would rule so to that end i expect any refund due returned to me by a chq

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

or words to that effect u get the gist of what im saying though

thanks for advice Alanalan & pompefaith.

I have read upto page 24 mulipleagreements,

I will send a letter off regarding the payment via cheque and hope this works,

as i have said I have sent off ppi claims for 2 other halifx cards and dont feel to confident on success,(these would clear both cards and give me a lump sump)

reason being I used the same for a cap one card and there argument is I signed the box...it said only sign if you have read the terms & conditions.

they have said they are not paying and have give me time to respond,

which Im in the process of making a letter,im making a point of not receiving the original documents.

I think maybe Halifax will use the same excuse

have to say though for the halifax cards I have had the letters of were looking into it and will respond within the 8 weeks,

but I suspect they will now have me down as a "pain in the a###"

and will use the tick form reference.

thanks for advice Alanalan & pompefaith.

I have read upto page 24 mulipleagreements,

I will send a letter off regarding the payment via cheque and hope this works,

as i have said I have sent off ppi claims for 2 other halifx cards and dont feel to confident on success,(these would clear both cards and give me a lump sump)

reason being I used the same for a cap one card and there argument is I signed the box...it said only sign if you have read the terms & conditions.

they have said they are not paying and have give me time to respond,

which Im in the process of making a letter,im making a point of not receiving the original documents.

I think maybe Halifax will use the same excuse

If halifax do the same then as my comments below complaint to the FOS £500 fee to halifax and let the FOS do the work. No cost to you other than time, lots of time. You will have to make sure you keep the FOS in the loop with any further correspondence in or out so they are up to date with your situation.

At the end of the day a complaint to the FOS will allow the adjudicator or ombudsman to make the relevant ruling. You should not accept what you are being told by the banks you are claiming from.

With cap one you should also make the point that you are submitting a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Complain to whoever you can and make the complaints strongly worded.

A complaint to the FOS will result in a £500 fee being levied against whoever you complain against by the FOS.

You should also consider complaints to the FSA, ICO, OFT and the BBA.

get them all sitting up and doing something;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

I agree with Alan it may take longer but in all cases of heard of so far any award the FOS make is payable to you.

Regards

PF

THANKS GUYS

I will include the fos and the fsa at the end of the letter,(cap one)It may not come to that but I wont hold my breathe for a result and will probaly end up with going that route and waiting.........

I hope the halifax cc come up with the goods easily its a considerable amount:D

great news soon hopefully with the loan claim-thanks again guys.

You are more than welcome Gary be warned though any complaint that the FOS handle can take upto 9 mths to resolve.

Having said that though you are compensated for the wait because the longer it takes the more 8% statutory interest you will get as it adds up by the day and 8% by todays standards is a good rate to be earning.

Regards

PF