AdditionsDirect.co.uk (littlewoods?)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I was told by a friend of additionsdirect offering 30% off first time buyers.

So i ordered a Nintendo WII.

The code didnt work online, so i rang up and spoke with a bloke that told me that he is happy to process the order online and what i need to do is call them back when receive the goods and they will action the 30% off as a refund for me, i asked him to add a note to the account, and he said he would and if any problems to tell them to listen back to the call because all are recorded, he gave me the date and time, and his first name (said cant give surnames)

I received the item next day, rang up and was told its not on electrical goods, i said there was nothing in terms and conditions, ( there is now as it has been changed) and i even screen printed the T&C's at time of ordering just in case,

Got through to a internet enquireis line, he spoke to manager, who listened to the orig call and agreed i had been promised 30% off, but their legal department are not letting orders go through ( although i was told some orders are being allowed and some not, if ordered before T&C's changed then they are letting them go).

surely if i was promised by the sales man, and a note added and a recorded call is available, and I have the T&C's at time of ordering they should let my order stand right?

It does say they can withdraw the offer, but they clearly are not as I was told people will receive 30% off, so the offer still happened.

What do i need to do? i was told to email the screen shot to the manager today which i`ll do (she starts at 3pm) so looking for any advice or any legal details i can add to the email.

Oh and the only way i found out i wasnt getting the 30% off is because i rang up, a lovely indian chap i nthe morning who said he`ll action it, the bank then rang to say my card had been used frualulantly in S. Africa (im in UK) and was blocked, so i rang additions back, to give diff card details, and then was told the refund was not going to be actioned - cheers, thanks for telling me in the first place lovely sales people!!!!

Thank you

I personally would cancel the whole thing and report it to Consumer Direct.

You may need to check if there are any T&Cs referred to and look specifically at what is meant by "electricals" - it may exclude certain items such as game consoles.

Report to Consumer Direct anyway, but in your email I would make reference to the lack of clear T&Cs being pointed out and to the advisor's agreement to include the discount on despatch, upon which you agreed to continue the order.

If they disagree, I would just send an email to cancel under the distance selling regs for which, as there is an apparent breach of contract, they can pick up the item at their expense.