Interesting statement from Wonga

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After calling up Wonga due to them removing more than the agreed amount from my bank account for the second time (this time more than I even owed) and getting them to refund the money - I asked due to concern for them to send me in writing the agreement we had agreed upon especially as both times I called up there was no record of the agreement in the system.

I was told it would be sent to my email address....

I said it wasn't acceptable as an email wasn't proof, to which he refuted. The fact that anybody can print out an email to make it look like it was sent by somebody it wasn't easily discredits emails and explained that I wanted it sent by post.

He refused, saying that because they were an internet based company that they weren't able to send out agreements like that.

I am astonished, a financial lending company that won't send out written agreements for repayment? How is one supposed to prove the agreement in court?

If you're having issues with Wonga and repayment agreements, then it might be an idea to phone them up, notify them you are recording the call and ask them to send the agreement through post. Surely a financial agreement they aren't willing to send by post puts a dent in their credibility?

Hope this helps!

I stand to be corrected but I believe in a court case that an email carries the same weight as a letter. If someone knows for definite please let us know.

An email carries the same weight as a letter thats why companies have disclaimers beneath the email footers, as many a heated email has got a company into bother...