welcome finance

petermac1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone, i took a small loan with them 1500 pounds,was paying it on all in time.

then the couuncil tax dept had put a wages arrestment,for council tax 15years ago

but that meant i coulnt aford tp pay the loan.

i havent payed it for 4 months, am considering a iva for all my debt

but the thing i want to ask,welcomefinance are threating with wages arestment, can the do this

thanks peter

no.

they can threaten what they like

they have no loegal powers!

have a good read in the welcome finance forum

these people are the pits,

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello and Welcome, peter.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum, where hopefully you'll get more help.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi - Peter I can concur with DX - Welcome are the pits!!!

Before doing anything with these people you need to level the playing field - send them a CCA request - enclose a £1 postal order and send to their head office in Nottingham.

The reson for doing this is you need to see what Welcome have got - namely a lot of the time Welcome do not have an original copy of your CCA - without that they cannot do ANYTHING.

Next is report them to OFT and Trading Standards - believe me both bodies KNOW about Welcome and their behaviour.

In the meantime do you have a copy of the agreement if so can you scan and upload it using photobucket so we can see it - there may be things we can do to help.

If you can do this remember to block out any personal details but leave the figures in.

• Haha 1

Your home address)

Date:

To:

Dear Sir/Madam

Account/Ref No:

With reference to the above agreement, I/we request you send me/us a copy of this credit agreement and a full breakdown of the account including any interest or charges applied.

I/we understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 [sections 77-79], I am/we are entitled to receive a copy of any credit agreement and a statement of account on request.

I/we enclose a payment of £1 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I/we understand a copy of any credit agreement along with a statement of account should be supplied within 12+2 days from the above date. Therefore this should be recieved no later than [insert date].

I/we understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with the request for a copy of the agreement and statement of account under these sections of the Act.

I/we look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Your name. - PRINT DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING!!!

thank you everyone,what wfc

have said if i dont pay 128pounds by 30th of april,they will go to the courts for a wages arestment and also they have been charging 10 pound a phone,which i dont know if they have phoned,and they have been phoning my work

its stress me out

i have a scanner,i will try and upload the cca, its easy to do,where do i find photo bucket

thank again peter

Hi, peter.

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

There's a tutorial here..........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/165941-photobucket-video-tutorial.html

Regards.

Scott.

Edited by maroondevo52
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi there, Welcome would need to get a court order to arrest your wages. They would have to take you to court, get a CCJ and then if you defaulted on that they could ask for an attachment of earnings - even then you have the chance to defend and ask to make payments yourself.

Are you able to make even small payments towards the loan? If so you need to write to Welcome enclosing a budget sheet showing what you can pay. If you need help with this, just shout :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

i'd get an sar off to them too, unless you already know all the charges they have levied on you,

get a claim in, + interest,

charging £10 a phone call! what next,

oh l moved a piece of paperconcerning your A/C on my desk yesterday...that will be £1!!!

reclaim the lot!!

not par chance got PPI with them have you??

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...