Starting first claim

Matty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys & lasses.

Just starting my claim with HSBC for £800 quid. Sent off 1st letter about 8 days ago (heard nothing yet). I also added an extra part to the letter complaining about my local branch manager attempting to extort £270 out of me just to get copies of my statements (this was about 3 months ago). He stated that this was because they were all kept on microfiche and that HSBC had a policy of not keeping electronic records over 2 years old. His argument was that it would take a member of staff between 1 and 2 days to go to the store and print off all of my statements.

Got my statements for free thanks to this site!!

Interested to see if his actions warrant any comments from the bank.

hi matty ...

Do read plenty...follow the advice...and YOU WILL get your money back ...

BOL

Mac

HSBC £968

22/6/06 prelim SENT

5/7/06 request for charges RECEIVED

6/7/06 lba+charges SENT

21/7/06 offer of £850 RECEIVED

24/7/06 LETTER SENT accepting offer on condition it is repaid by cheque(as requested in lba) or will continue for full amount+int+cost.

02/08/06 CHEQUE RECEIVED :D

MY THREAD http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/11708-mac-hsbc.html

:D tommorows just another day..........:D

Good luck started mine off the start of this week.

Was the managers voice muffled when he was telling you about only having 2 years of records electronically because he was talking from the place he sits. I have all 3 years of my statements available online, only had the account 3 years so not sure how much further back they can go.

Hi Matty

You obviously have the Internet so why not get your statements online – see step 3 on the Link below. Why give them 40 days to earn profit on YOUR money.

Well said Andy --- you can go back 6 years online and for free!!!!!