Urgent - ACR Car Finance / The Fundin Corp - New Agreement / Cooling Off Period Pls Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My friend purchased a car from ACR car finance on saturday afternoon. Since leaving the premises and reflecting on the figures etc he realised he has made a big mistake. Also to top matters off there are now rumours of possible job losses at his place of work.

According to the CCA the finance co is a company called "the Funding Corp Ltd". The CCA looks enorceable as far as I can tell and from the research I have done it appears that because he signed the paperwork on the premises that he loses his rights under the DSR to have a cooling off / canx period.

I've also read that if you act quickly you can cancel/end an agreement but lose the deposit that you put down as a penalty clause. Can anyone please advise the best way forward to deal with this bearing in mind that time is of the essence.

Thanks x

cancel the lot its within the cooling off period, read the agreement.

ps

you've posted this in the mortgage section?

p'haps not the right place?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Thanks for your reply, i've looked at the T&Cs and it doesnt refer to a cooling off period, and ive read that you dont always get one with car hp tranasctions if the paperwork is signed on the premises.

I posted it here as its a secure loan but might try i a different forum too

Thanks x

Hi

My friend purchased a car from ACR car finance on saturday afternoon. Since leaving the premises and reflecting on the figures etc he realised he has made a big mistake. Also to top matters off there are now rumours of possible job losses at his place of work.

According to the CCA the finance co is a company called "the Funding Corp Ltd". The CCA looks enorceable as far as I can tell and from the research I have done it appears that because he signed the paperwork on the premises that he loses his rights under the DSR to have a cooling off / canx period.

I've also read that if you act quickly you can cancel/end an agreement but lose the deposit that you put down as a penalty clause. Can anyone please advise the best way forward to deal with this bearing in mind that time is of the essence.

Thanks x

**UPDATE**

We rang the head office dept which deals with the finance and explained about the job loss and fact that wouldnt be able to make first repayment etc - they said they hadnt executed the agreement yet so were able to cancel the deal on this occassion providing the vehicle is returned by 7pm this evening so all in all a lucky escape !

Just thought I would post the outcome for anyone in a similar position in the future x