style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to write this.

I bought a top end (at the time)PC from Time Computers back in 2004 costing over a grand, purely for the tower/keyboard, it also inluded their special cover plan. I never had any problems with any aspect of the purchase until recently. I went to re-install windows using the recovery disc, but it says the recovery system is not compatible.

It turns out they never set up the recovery system on the computer. (ie: hidden data on the hd to recover from). Thus I have no copy of windows XP to re-install even though my purchase included a copy of windows XP.

Here comes the fun bit... upon trying to contact them about the issue, it turns out that the original Time Computers went bust.

http://pcs.timecomputers.com/aboutus

They want me to pay for a new recovery system, that may or may not work with this pc. My complaint is the fact that I have already paid for a full valid license of MS Windows XP.. yet I don't have one.

Anyone have any advice on where I stand in relation to obtaining either a new copy of the software or the disc(s) needed to repair the current software? After paying all that money, why should I have to pay more for something I have already paid for..?

Edited by Stukatto
Did not like the link that was put in (automatically) looked like an advert.

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to write this.

I bought a top end (at the time)PC from Time Computers back in 2004 costing over a grand, purely for the tower/keyboard, it also inluded their special cover plan. I never had any problems with any aspect of the purchase until recently. I went to re-install windows using the recovery disc, but it says the recovery system is not compatible.

It turns out they never set up the recovery system on the computer. (ie: hidden data on the hd to recover from). Thus I have no copy of windows XP to re-install even though my purchase included a copy of windows XP.

Here comes the fun bit... upon trying to contact them about the issue, it turns out that the original Time Computers went bust.

TimeUK.com : Buy your flat screen TV factory direct

They want me to pay for a new recovery system, that may or may not work with this pc. My complaint is the fact that I have already paid for a full valid license of MS Windows XP.. yet I don't have one.

Anyone have any advice on where I stand in relation to obtaining either a new copy of the software or the disc(s) needed to repair the current software? After paying all that money, why should I have to pay more for something I have already paid for..?

You may be able to reinstall using a normal windows XP disk, providing you still have your serial key. Obviously you'll need to either buy, or find a friend with a windows XP disk.

Failing that, your only option is to buy a copy of this disk. I'm asuming the company trying to sell you the recovery CD's is a seperate company from time, as they went bust a while back. Therefor they have no obligation to provide you with one free of charge.

you shouldn't have to use their disk.

any xp disk will do, just run erc when it has done its first bit.

can i ask what issues you are having that points to your need for a recovery disc?

this is simply sorted with any xp disc, i shall not suggst where you can get online, but use your imagination.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...