style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5532 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Previous thread here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs-sheriff-officers/192804-i-cant-beleive-happening.html

Letter today:

Delivered by hand baliff removal

PAYMENT DUE IN FULL WITHIN 24 HOURS

I have attended today with the intention of removing your goods and chattels as are necessary to discharge the oustanding council tax Liability order and any additional ENFORCEMENT COSTS incurred.

PLEASE NOTE NO FURTHER ARRANGEMENTS ARE ACCESPTABLE AND PAYMENT IS NOW REQUIRED IN FULL CLEAR FUNDS ONLY

I will re-attend your address with immediate effect and may REMOVE goods even in your absence. Should you wish to avoid this distressing course of action contact me immediatly on the number below to arrange full payment of your debt

NO CONTACT WILL BE TAKEN AS YOUR REFUSAL TO PAY

Now I am scared!! Kids are off for easter :confused:

Shall I go ahead with letters as suggested in previous post?

Many thanks, would be lost without you all :-D

You are under siege.

Nothing to be scared about so long as you follow the rules.

Park any car away from the house, keep the windows and doors locked, don't answer the door to ANYBODY unless you know who it is.

Don't have any conversations with the bailiff, for any reason, now only communicate in writing.

Check who's outside before going out.

Check who's outside before approaching the house.

no dont let them scare you in to submition

call your council office first thing in the morning and make a payment that you had already agreed to in your payment plan remember thay can take the payment once thay have taken your payment thay are agreaing to take payments in enstalements.and have just enterd in to a contract without even knowing.

dont let the bailiff in he still has no rights to force entry make sure you lock your door and if he does attend tell him you have no appointmant and wont speek to them until you agree to one then dont agree to one

thay probbabley know you are scared thay are like dogs show them fear and thay feed off it.

good luck

dont let them get you down its what thay want

i will keep looking inn

Thanks for the replys, I will write to equita and the council and send off 2moro, I will stress that I have 2 yuong children and it is causing me to be ill (white lie wont hurt surely)

1 question, how long before they give up? I have never once refused payment. They have just been stupidly unreasonable.

most councils accept payments online - make a show of payment and send your letter - if you can take it down to them tomorrow.

Equita can do nothing unless you let them in and keep your car away from your house.

Equita are bullys do not give in to them

once you have made a payment thay can not do anything because the amount on your writ will not be the same as you owe and once you have paid if you pay online see if you can get a printable receipt and send this to Equita and tell them that you have already made your firs payment and and tell the if thay continue to contact you, will seek legal advice

and take note that C.A.B have got a large money pot just for debt isues even if you work full time.it is worth getting them to call Equita so thay know that you mean it this doesnt cost anything.

remember if you stress thay are winning dont let them get you down

Update: Letter Received at council today that I wrote re: taking debt back.

Should be dealt with by 15th. Also rang up today to complain of baliff harrassment, baliff was sat outside my house on 3 occasions today his shortest stay was half an hour!!!

A memo has been fast tracked to head office (Birmingham City Council) and I should hear from someone within 72 hours

i would call them again tomorrow three times in one day thats bad also call the police this guy sounds like a stalker (freak) also keep a record and a sneeky pic would not go a miss i think

Is he is in an advetised van/car?

If not if it was me I would ring the police and say I think someone is looking at houses possibly to burgle them lol - see how long he sits there when the boys in blue have been out :D

and remember that they can't charge you for all these visits - max for council tax is £24.50 first visit £18.50 second - thats it nadda after that so don't let them make out they can add loads of charges on - the particular one I love is when they write on their letters £x amount + costs - a no no, or £x + vat also not allowed.

So let him sit outside as long as he wants he aint earning any money - just make sure your doors stay locked and any car you have away from your house

If not if it was me I would ring the police and say I think someone is looking at houses possibly to burgle them lol - see how long he sits there when the boys in blue have been out

yes agree with that especially at this time kids on school holidays could be anybody sitting in that car lol

if he comes tomorrow I certainly will call them lol, must remember to take his number plate down. He comes in a car.

I complained to the council for the harrassment, will call 2moro again as no doubt they wont be back until next tuesday now. I am going to stand my ground this time, and if no luck via phone, will bring the kids with me next Tues and visit the council.

Since day 1 I have kept a diary of every call/dealing with equita. Even names of the idiots I have spoken too. Strongly advise this to everyone as you will always have this as back up.

Will keep you updated.

The baliff dealing with the case is also 'head baliff' so it says...... physco baliff more like.;)

Just to try and cheer you up, the funniest bailiff story I have heard was when a bailiff literally sat on someones doorstep and was shouting through the letterbox - so they picked up the phone made a big thing of hitting the numbers so he could hear what they were doing and then said very loudly "is that the police? come quickly I've just killed a burgular!"

LMAO - if I ever get the opportunity I'm using that one

a friend once had his wife shout bloody wasps when a bailiff was outside peeping through the letter box and he sprayed him in the eyes

Look i got him on the front door he was by the letter box

Oh and sorry if i sprayed you who ever you are the guy sat on there wall for a hr wiping his eyes

lol

Please Tip My Scales if Info was Use full