debt relief order help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am planning on applying for a debt relief order and have seeked advice from CCCS, i have filled out my details such as income, expenditure etc, the only thing they said may be a problem is my mobile contract, but even without that il only have £30 disposable income and the limit is £50.

CCCS told me i can use the info they have sent me over and apply online for it - i cannot see where though, ive tried googling it but cannot find actually where to apply, just says i need to use an advisor which would be CCCS, do i need to go back to them again?

laura

Might be best to confirm with CCCS, perhaps they meant that you could apply online from their website ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

ive read all links and all they keep saying is you apply online, but not actually the website address to do this, im assuming its a form, but i cant find it at all, am i just being thick?

ive tried calling CCCS all day but just busy all the time and you cant wait in the queue either, guessing its because today is the day they come into practice

yeah ive found the same thing actually, ive tried calling them but couldnt get through and they closed now for the night so have to try again tomorrow, its not very clear. the insolvency website has a list of online forms, but the debt relief order isnt one of them, although it does say can be done online

thanks for the help

yes they have, they sent me info on bankrupcy as said nothing on debt relief at the time, this was on the 1st. they also sent through all my info, like expenses, income etc, showing that i have no disposable income.

but they havent actually said whats next, they had mentioned a county court from their own notes on the order, but ive been on the website and cant find it there either so not sure what the next step is

I just took this from the National Debtline's website

"How do I apply for a DRO

You apply on-line to the Official Receivers office through a special web application form with the help of an advice agency. There is no court hearing. You can only apply through a special adviser called an 'approved intermediary' who is allowed to make the application for you. National Debtline has approved intermediaries who can help you. Phone us for advice."

I think this means that you can ONLY do it through one of the Debt Counselling services, CCCS, CAB, National Debt Line.

So I think you are going to have to persevere with CCCS:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D