Parking Penalty For Stopping Before Bus Stop Due To Traffic Jam

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

this is the letter that I have sent to Hounslow parking services but they rejected by representations and sending me to an independent adjudicator. Do i have stand a chance if I explain the same thing to him/her?

Dear Parking services,

With reference to abovementioned PCN I strongly object to it as the alleged contravention did not occur because I did not deliberately stop at the bus stop. The traffic slowed down to a stand still at the pedestrian crossing sign ahead and I had to stop and leave enough room between me and the car in front of me. The person sitting in the passenger seat next to me suddenly decided to get off the car without giving me any warning whatsoever.

Although it does look that I have deliberately stopped I did not as I was in the middle of a traffic that had stopped. I hope this explanation is sufficient for you to cancel the PCN. I would like to mention also that the road in front of the bus stop is not a Red route which means that cars are allowed to stop when the traffic is at a standstill which is obvious with regards to the width of the road.

Best regards

Have you received a Notice to Owner on this one from the council? And have you been able to view the CCTV footage?

I would also suggest going to www.pepipoo.com and posting there. You will be asked to post up the P C N in its entirety as it is possible that it may have irregularities.

Edited by Rob S

Hi Rob,

what is Notice to Owner? I have received only a P C N with an image of my numberplate.

What else can I do?

Thanks

Matt

Matt,

The Notice to Owner is the document that usually follows the P C N, though some P C N 's are also the NTO for certain offences (which escape me right now). If you can scan the P C N, remove all personal details and post it on here it would be helpful. Hopefully you have also gone to the other site I posted too to seek advice.

Edited by Rob S

Matt,

London Borough of Hounslow issue their P C N ' s under the TMA 2004, and they are a combined P C N and Notice to Owner so the next stage would be to take it to PATAS.

Edited by Rob S