Vodafone - completely silly?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It all started twelve months ago when I decided to leave Vodafone, who I had been with for over 10 years. I fancied a new iPhone so I went into O2, bought one over the counter and came back home.

I was actually two months away from my contract end date with Vodafone, but I didn't mind paying that up and porting my long used number across to O2.

I phone vodafone, explained the above and they gave me a balance over the phone to close my account. With the previous months calls being covered by the direct debit going out, the balance was for the next two months subscriptions and the calls I had made since the bill - a full £39.15. With the £25 direct debit coming out the day after, that should have been it. I even got a nice letter from Vodafone saying "sorry to hear you've gone."

However Vodafone did mess around with not releasing the number properly, which left me without any mobile phone for a week or so. The number did eventually work on my iPhone and that was it - or so I thought.

Four months pass ( all without any of the usual Vodafone bills ) and all of a sudden I get a threatening letter from Vodafone demanding £28.93. I phone up and explain I paid the direct debit and the closing balance over the phone - and they apologise and to ignore the letter.

Two weeks later - a threatening letter from DLC Collections. I again go through the story and fax across a letter, along with my bank statements showing that I paid the direct debit and the one time 'closure' payment.

A week passes - and a letter stating that DLC Collections are to proceed with court action.

Again I fax back a letter immediately, repeating my innocence and sending copies of my statements. A phone call later, and yes, it looks like Vodafone have messed up and to ignore the letters.

Then nothing for 4 months....

...until a letter from "ScotCall Debt Collecting Services" in Glasgow. Chasing £28.93 from an unpaid Vodafone account. I call them straight up and explain - not only the Vodafone issue, but also the DLC Collections. I'm given a number to call at Vodafone to put it all right.

I call and speak to someone who honestly, doesn't care less. The "computer says you owe it". Well I respond with why did I make an extra payment by card if it wasn't a closing balance ? Dunno - maybe I just felt like giving Vodafone a loan ? With her now and truely stumped, yes, it looks like I have paid off the account and it just hasn't been shut down correctly.

Jump forward another month and it's now March 2009. I get a letter direct from Vodafone... Notice of Default - owing £28.93. I honestly could scream. I phone the number on the page with asking for dept "ColdCa2" (Not really a cold case then !)

I phone up and get a whole load of lip from the operative in the call centre. I ask to speak to his manager, but at first he refuses. I have to slog it out and eventually he puts me through. I explain it all again and the manager says it's still owed because they must have incorrectly calculated my closing balance. I refuse to accept that I must pay for Vodafones mistake - and after a good fifteen minutes he offers "A goodwill gesture" of paying the outstanding amount.

It wasn't outstanding - so how the hell is that a goodwill gesture !

Anyway, I insist on a letter / statement which proves the account is closed and there is nothing outstanding, which does indeed arrive at the end on March.

The final chapter :

It's now the 6th April - and I've just received a letter from "Frederickson International Limited" - another debt collection agency.

Please pay £36.16 for a seriously overdue debt with Vodafone...

Here we go again.

ABBEY : Seeking £1500 : Default Judgement Received - now set aside- AQ dispensed, awaiting court date

Barclaycard : WON : Seeking £380, offered £152. : Full settlement £510 + costs

EGG Card : WON : £168 FULL SETTLEMENT within 3 Weeks

HSBC : WON : Sought £1500+ : Full Settlement £2375.89 received 4 months start to end

Write to the following address as according to my credit file from Experian this is the department that deals with credit file issues. If they've sent you to a debt collection agency they are probably going to record a default if they haven't already done so.

Quality Assurance

Pembroke House

Vodafone Limited

Banbury Business Park

Aynho Road

Adderbury

Banbury

Oxon

OX17 3NS