Human Rights Act

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Actually Dave just had an idea whizz past me on how you could argue this.

The ICO has a positive obligation to ensure that your Human Rights aren't being breached in handling of your personal data.

Now if you have a County Court judgement for £28 placed on your file and get refused credit for mortgages, bank loans, etc due to this, then you may be able to claim that the penalty is not proportionate to the crime and breaches your rights under Article 6.

You can then express this to the ICO and when you get the standard refusal, they are not only in breach of their positive obligation to you, but also breaching Article 6 themselves in not giving you a fair hearing (you can only appeal to them about their decisions)

It's also worth thinking about Article 14 here (Discrimination) you can only claim Article 14 in conjunction with another Article, but now with the ICO in breach of Article 6, you could complain that you are being discriminated against for something that happened 2 years ago. We could start a new group up; we are the 'Uncreditworthy'. How many people feel they have been stigmatised by being referred to as this?

This would take quite a while in arguing though. You would need to get a test group of people with reasonably small defaults, reasonably bad credit files and average salaries. They would then have to apply for a prime mortgage or prime lender for an average loan. When rejected, you would have to apply to the lender for the grounds of their refusal. You would then need to get good credit history people to apply and be accepted (don't need to sign anything though).

This would need done at the same time so market variations could be ruled out.

Good reading:

http://www.dca.gov.uk/peoples-rights/human-rights/pdf/act-studyguide.pdf

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

If the name of the claim is blue and underlined, click it to see how I did it.

• Halifax - 1st Request for £3748.80 sent 10/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Goldfish - Unable to comment further, have a read

• Lloyds - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 1st estimated request for £1500 sent15/08 LBA sent 08/09

• Carphone Warehouse - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 Chased 04/07 ICO complaint 18/07

• First National - 1st Request for £280 sent 05/05 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Yes car credit - LBA sent 19/07 Court Action launched 26/09

• HFC Bank - 1st Request for £100 sent 06/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

Like what I said? Hit the scales on the top right of my post. Cheers

Disclaimer - By giving advice, I am not putting myself across as a legal expert. Always seek professional advice.

Help the site, donate 5%, I have.

Agreed it's a privilege, but if you apply for a mortgage and they refuse it due to a bad credit history, you are entitled to write to the lender and request a breakdown of how they calculated your refusual (if it's an automated system, but most of them are)

If you have it in writing that anybank.com refused you due to a default placed on your file for a default that you later dispute and get struck off, then you do have a case against the original company, not anybank.com.

Do we also have a case against the Data Processors though? They say no, but as we all know, if someone put's libelous comments about you on a website and these comments are repeated by other people, you have a case against quite a few people. Take the case of the recent ashley cole allegations. All the football websites were in overdrive deleting risque comments, because they could be held partially responsible for publishing the comments.

What difference a credit file?

• Lloyds - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 1st estimated request for £1500 sent15/08 LBA sent 08/09

• Carphone Warehouse - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 Chased 04/07 ICO complaint 18/07

• First National - 1st Request for £280 sent 05/05 Settled in full and 5% donated

Disclaimer - By giving advice, I am not putting myself across as a legal expert. Always seek professional advice.

Good point!!

The CRA'a are just private companies who have an obligation under the DPA to keep accurate details about us.

Check out the thread in here called "Default Hell!!." it's very informative and talks about Humna Rights too!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

i have had this happen to me, basically the halifax had two goes at closing my account, which they never managed to do, so when i moved away from my old address i hever heard from them, i was under the impresion it was closed.

i then tried to get a mortgage with high street banks thro a broker.

the rbos did agree in priciable, while at the time the halifax only had my file at 3 months late, then they defaulted me, to my horror the rbos withdrew there offer the day before we were due to complete,

so the broker tried placing the mortage with other high street banks but they all refused due to having a recent default, which was never my fault.

i did get a morgage with future mortgages at a higher rate than i should have be entilted too.

im still fighten with the halifax to remove it, as they marked it settle yesterday, its been nearly a year since i first closed the account.

i believe that i should be entitled to some compensation because of this loss, i still cant get credit

HALIFAX - £603.27 *WON*

HALIFAX CC - £245 *WON*

NatWest CC - £400 *won*

BARCLYCARD -£84 REFUND claim #6qz54472

YORKSHIRE 1 BANK £472.56 claim # 6qz53180

YORKSHIRE II £1373.37 moneyclaim

LETTING AGENT £200 REFUNDED

MISSES NATIONWIDE £764 *WON*

MISSES TOP SHOP GE CAPITAL*WON*

rbs £81*won*

total so far £4138.56

• 1 month later...

I'm claiming damages against Yes Car Credit and part of my claims based on the Human Rights Act. I'm claiming that they've breached my right to enjoy my possesions.

Article 1 of the first protocol.

I'll keep you all posted.

I think the CRA's may come under public (just) if they have a public function, as far as I can see there is no crime so no art 6. Maybe you could look into EU law of directives too

do CRA's

provide a public service

under the states control?

have special powers

maybe you should be looking under art 8 right to family life and correspondence etc

discrimination 14 is I believe soon to become a stand alone right and will not need to be argued with another right

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

ARTICLE 8 RIGHT TO RESPECT FOR PRIVATE AND FAMILY LIFE 1. Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence.

2. There shall be no interference by a public authority with the exercise of this right except such as is in accordance with the law and is necessary in a democratic society in the interests of national security, public safety or the economic well-being of the country, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, or for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.