PCN on restricted road...double yellow lines to be painted

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I've been parking my car on the same street for years, no yellow lines, or road markings/signs prohibiting parking whatsoever however one Monday I returned to find a PCN. The contravention "01 Parking in a restricted street during prescribed hours". I then noticed a newly placed sign stating "There is now a parking restriction in place on this street and your vehicle maybe at risk of removal should you park on this street". The sign must have been placed over the weekend and I simply did not see it as i parked in my usual spot. The city council state the restriction is covered by a Road Traffic order and the signs were put in place for work to be undertaken to paint yellow lines.

Can they do this? The sign did not state any "prescribed hours" and I cant find a sign like this in the Highway Code so how was I to know I must comply?

Thanks all for your time

p.s. the PCN was filled in correctly

Edited by memento_mori

must read your post properly

if the council are going to paint yellow lines in the street, adaquate warning must be given, not sure but prob two weeks

if you park after notice has been given, fair cop

but get a ticket that quick

its like if there are yellow lines and the lines have not been capped at the end,

no offence

Hi, i checked with the council previously regarding yellow lines and they said they are now valid even without a bar/cap at the end!

lets see the PCN - suitably washed or personal details. get a copy of the TRO and check correct procedure was followed. If the procedure was not followed the TRO is invalid. The Local Authorities' Traffic Orders (Procedure) (England and Wales) Regulations 1996 The Local Authorities' Traffic Orders (Procedure) (England and Wales) Regulations 1996 (No. 2489) - Statute Law Database

Thanks for the links! Will request a copy today and doesnt the RTO have to be published in a local newspaper by law? Thanks

It is absolutely no defence to say 'That wasn't there last week'. because 'That' could have been a child crossing the road or anything.

Although I can see you're trying to make a point, 'that' is a rediculous simile