About to start my 1st claim....

andynotts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

....and would be nice if it's my last and only.

Hi all,

I'm just about to start my 1st claim with HSBC, I've only been with them 3 years and already paid them over £1400 in fees. I think it's the usual spiral of going past my overdraft once and then the charges keep pushing me over every other month. I think I've finally got that part under control but now it's time to get the money back.

My only worry is that there seems to be no agreement on whether the bank is likely to close my account or cut off my overdraft. Has anyone done a survey of people who've claimed to find their experience?

Since my overdraft is less than the amount they owe me I'm not too worried, I'd just rather avoid the worry of swapping accounts.

At the moment I'm just waiting on Smile to confirm a parachute account, then the prelim letter goes in the post.

Hi Andy, welcome to the forum and the go get HSBC crew.

Well done for getting a parachute account opened, it's always a good idea.. just in case.

I think generally HSBC only tend to close accounts after multiple claims but there doesn't seem to be any hard and fast rule so be aware that it MIGHT happen.

Good luck with your claim though, make sure you keep us posted!!!

Hi Andy

I have 3 accounts with HSBC ... I have just won my claim against them

and they have now withdrawn the overdraft facility from one of my accounts.

They said this has nothing to do with my recent action against them (yeah right) but they have said they have done this because I have failed to contact

them to discuss my borrowing needs (true) and because I have failed to credit

any funds into this particular account for more than 2 months (also true) so

they now consider the account dormant and that's their reason for withdrawing

the credit facilities.

They have not mentioned anything about the credit facilities on the other two accounts as these both have monies going in and out regularly.

So my advice for what its worth is .... as long as your account has funds being

transfered in and out they will probably leave you alone, try if possible to keep

within any borrowing limits as this avoids them having any excuses to close

your account down.

Good Luck with your claim

Dydie

Thanks for the reassurance having looked around the forum they don't seem to be closing accounts but I'm planning to be ready if they do. There's plenty going into the accounts and unfortunately leaving all too quickly again so if your experience is the norm Dydie then I should be ok.

I'll post more when I get news

Hi tribal tiger, welcome to THE forum. You might like to start your own thread so that we can all read your progress and answer any questions you have.

I don't think it matters where you send the prelim letter as long as it goes recorded, your local branch will send it to the right office.

Good luck!!

I'm sending to the complaints department in Leeds, The Manager, Service Quality Team, HSBC Bank plc, Arlington Business Centre, Millshaw Park Lane, Leeds, LS11 0PP, also only by 1st class post. I don't think recorded delivery is really needed at this stage.

That address will be fine, they all end up in the same place. I really would consider Recorded delivery though, there are a lot of other posts where HSBC have claimed not to receive things that have been sent 1st class, up to you though. Good luck.. can you smell the money yet??:rolleyes:

That address will be fine, they all end up in the same place. I really would consider Recorded delivery though, there are a lot of other posts where HSBC have claimed not to receive things that have been sent 1st class, up to you though. Good luck.. can you smell the money yet??:rolleyes:

Hi,

Just for the record....I didnt send anything recorded,demanded repayment by cheque, and all has been completed within 6weeks(about).

Do plenty of reading on here and make sure you get it right 1st time ;-)

Mac

HSBC £968

22/6/06 prelim SENT

5/7/06 request for charges RECEIVED

6/7/06 lba+charges SENT

21/7/06 offer of £850 RECEIVED

24/7/06 LETTER SENT accepting offer on condition it is repaid by cheque(as requested in lba) or will continue for full amount+int+cost.

02/08/06 CHEQUE RECEIVED :D

MY THREAD http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/11708-mac-hsbc.html

:D tommorows just another day..........:D

Uh oh Smile turned down my account application. What the hell I've already sent my 1st letter off. I've made an application with Barclays for a parachute. Hopefully that 1 might get accepted if not I'll go elsewhere not stopping now I've started!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get it I've put in a claim for £1419.38, they offered on my 1st letter £1268, no fight no objection nothing. I know a lot of people here think go for all of it but I'm not sure if it's worth the bother. What a delightful dilemma to have