Shakespeare62 - v - a NastyBank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4749 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone else got a problem opening the doc ?

Opened ok for me.

The fact is that the Barrister in one of the hearings wasnt quite sure it WAS the original if I recall. Wasnt this the reason you employed an Expert ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello CB!

The fact is that the Barrister in one of the hearings wasnt quite sure it WAS the original if I recall. Wasnt this the reason you employed an Expert ?

Exactly.

These muppets should bear the cost of the Expert, for playing their Cards so close to their chest...or up their sleeve should I say.

Cheers,

BRW

Hello CB!

Exactly.

These muppets should bear the cost of the Expert, for playing their Cards so close to their chest...or up their sleeve should I say.

Cheers,

BRW

You're perfectly right - their conduct and various inconsistencies are well documented. This includes includes slurs they made in open Court upon the integrity of my Expert and myself ,in fact their barrister received a verbal warning from the judge.

Basically the particular issue (the doc) would fall into 2 basic entities - liability and costs. Liability is one thing and which will be affected by the Default Notice issue, but costs would be affected by their conduct in this litigation - especially their failing to produce the evidence for nearly one year. Their conduct has already been commented on by at least one Circuit Judge already.

In the meantime, the Default Notice, ECHR issues and the unsuitability of penalty charge / unfair terms, for determination at Summary Judgment on this credit card are going to be argued out at Appeal. The background is that the claim remains fatally flawed.

Edited by shakespeare62

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law and litigation privilege

Please see the following copyright statement

Ok folks - I'm adding a litigation privilege statement in the next post (Courtesy of cagger dad) for reference in my user signature. This is because the other party have previously attempted to misrepresent matters on here.

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law and litigation privilege

Please see the following copyright statement :-

This thread exists exclusively to assist me in preparing litigation against another party. As such it is almost certainly protected by litigation privilege.

The legal requirements for claiming litigation privilege are well established and are not in dispute. Communications between a solicitor or the client and a third party will be protected by litigation privilege where the communications are for the dominant purpose of obtaining legal advice in connection with, or conducting, litigation reasonably in prospect: Re Highgate Traders Limited [1984] BCLC 151.

Copyright Information: All information contained in this website, associated websites, and forum posts are copyright Reclaim The Right Ltd. If you wish to use the information on this site for publication elsewhere, then please email the administrators for permission.

Edited by shakespeare62

Shakespeare, edit your first post in this thread, by copy and pasting your litigation privilige notice there as well :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Shakespeare, edit your first post in this thread, by copy and pasting your litigation privilige notice there as well :)

Hello CB!

Exactly.

Cheers,

BRW

Opened ok for me too!

Yes

They are the 'Cause' of the cost.

m2ae

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Folks !

In support of my Witness Statement (at post #982 ) :-

I've reinforced my Authorities Bundle to include case law from the Court of Appeal and House of Lords which both confirm s173(1) prevents contracting out of the provisions in the Act if it is not for the protection of the debtor.

The case law was served on Pishcon today and also filed in Court in person - the Court Staff updated my Authorities Bundle in front of me.

The case law details are in the attached doc.

Pishcon 13 May 2010.doc

yep!

173. Contracting-out forbidden.

— (1) A term contained in a regulated agreement or linked transaction, or in any other agreement relating to an actual or prospective regulated agreement or linked transaction, is void if, and to the extent that, it is inconsistent with a provision for the protection of the debtor or hirer or his relative or any surety contained in this Act or in any regulation made under this Act.

(2) Where a provision specifies the duty or liability of the debtor or hirer or his relative or any surety in certain circumstances, a term is inconsistent with that provision if it purports to impose, directly or indirectly, an additional duty or liability on him in those circumstances.

(3) Notwithstanding subsection (1), a provision of this Act under which a thing may be done in relation to any person on an order of the court or the [F1OFT] only shall not be taken to prevent its being done at any time with that person’s consent given at that time, but the refusal of such consent shall not give rise to any liability.

This could possibly used where O/c's pass around our agreements.I have not read the authorities yet but assume that they amount to this.

Dont be too specific S62-'Guests!!!!!'

m2ae

Edited by means2anend

HI Middenmess !

A hidden impression will be obtained from using ESDA (electro static detection analysis), basically a technique to detect any tiny impressions made on a document from say a pen, but which do not have ink on them, and which may not be visible to the naked eye. I think the technique uses tiny iron filings. It's often used to detect forgeries.

were a signature can be transposed from one peice of paper to another is an impression in anyone right thinking mind ...i fink

yep!

173. Contracting-out forbidden.

— (1) A term contained in a regulated agreement or linked transaction, or in any other agreement relating to an actual or prospective regulated agreement or linked transaction, is void if, and to the extent that, it is inconsistent with a provision for the protection of the debtor or hirer or his relative or any surety contained in this Act or in any regulation made under this Act.

(2) Where a provision specifies the duty or liability of the debtor or hirer or his relative or any surety in certain circumstances, a term is inconsistent with that provision if it purports to impose, directly or indirectly, an additional duty or liability on him in those circumstances.

(3) Notwithstanding subsection (1), a provision of this Act under which a thing may be done in relation to any person on an order of the court or the [F1OFT] only shall not be taken to prevent its being done at any time with that person’s consent given at that time, but the refusal of such consent shall not give rise to any liability.

This could possibly used where O/c's pass around our agreements.I have not read the authorities yet but assume that they amount to this.

Dont be too specific S62-'Guests!!!!!'

m2ae

Interestingly, Amex were co-respondents in above Court of Appeal case which it lost.The Court of Appeal used s173(1) as part of its reasoning. Amex, sensibly did not join it's remaining co-respondents in appealing the decision to the House of Lords - where they lost again.

There was a second issue in which Amex were joined to OFT. That doesn't affect the above rulings.

Edited by shakespeare62

You are doing such a fantastic job here, Shakey. Absolutely brilliant stuff.

DD

Thanks DD - hope it helps others.

This case was interesting. The Claimant - a Litigant in Person - lost the case entirely against the Bank and it's top notch firm of London Lawyers who came down on London Fees to Birmingham.

On costs however, the above loser was required to pay only 25% of the 150K of costs claimed. This was due to the banks conduct on failing to disclose for two years and also for claiming disproportionate costs etc. by using Barristers on London rates in a provincial Court.

That case is a potentially useful reference - with the caveat in latin that I'm "Non gratum anus rodentum" - (lit - 'Not worth a rats a**')

Edited by shakespeare62

Hello shakespeare62!

The very best of British to you.

Watch out for their usual tricks as you enter Court, and expect some desperate moves when in Court.

Let us hope you get a fair and impartial Judge.

Given the clear facts, let us hope that the next Judge has taken careful note of the astute comments already made by his/her fellow Circuit Judges who handled the Appeal thus far.

Cheers,

BRW