Motorcyle Helmet from Aldi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yesterday, I bought the above and will be returning it for a refund tomorrow but before I do, I'd like to ask for experienced advice on best practice for doing so as, although I'm not seriously injured, I'm a little concerned of it's potential to possibly scratch an eye.

When I first tried the helmet on at home it was tight (as expected and recommended as it allows the interior padding to mould to your head by compression over time) but far too uncomfortable IMO. The tightness I could accept providing it did loosen up with use but the discomfort caused me to remove it as soon as possible.

Willing to give it a second "test" again today, I pulled the helmet over my head but something dug into my forehead and as I pulled harder the sharpness increased shocking me into immediately removing it for inspection.

I found one of the removable cheek pads had a stiff backing and is cut to a relatively sharp angle. As the pad was compressed this sharp edge was re-inforced and it dug in rather than compress which scratched my skin enough to draw blood.

Had I not been deterred by the scratch the sharp corner would have then been pulled down across my eye, so I'm now thinking what's the best/right thing to do here to alert the right person?

I would normally be inclined to return it for a full refund and be happy if they accepted my reason (some storespersons will argue and refuse on the slightest of grounds) but I also feel it proper to make sure that someone will act responsibly and look into this i.e. have it taken off the shelf and recalled if necessary.

All suggestions greatfully received.