Wrongful default by NATWEST

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Can someone PLS help me. I have noticed yesterday that there is incorrect information in my Equifax credit report put in by NatWest. There is a default account from someone else who has similar birthday and first name with me in my credit report.

My record before that was perfect but now it’s gone down to ‘very poor’. Apparently, I had an overdraft with NATWEST in 2004/6 for £1200 and hadn’t paid that. They never got in touch with me as they can see my address on the report. I don’t know anything about this account yet it’s there in my report with different surname. Shouldn’t Equifax stop them before they can place a default on my report as it shows 2 different surnames and also how do I get it fix as it’s affecting my credit score.

PLS help as I don’t know much and I have always avoid credit as I didn’t wanted to get into trouble (ironic). I am also in the process of getting a mortgage with my wife.

Thanks

Raise a Notice of Dispute.

To do this sign into your Equifax account online and go into Online Dispute, which is near the top of the screen to the left of "Member Centre" and "Logout".

Then go to "Ask a Question"

Product will be "MyEquifax Credit Rating"

Category will be "Someone Else Is On My File"

Subcategory will be "Credit Agreements".

And fill in the rest from there ;)

Thanks izools. Already done this morning but too impatient as I feel cheated and short changed. They really need to be careful about messing up about people's livelihood. I have my own business and because of some silly mistake, me and my business will have to suffer.

I have had to raise a dispute in this way to get a Notice of Dissasociation actioned. It appears that Equifax (spoke to them today) are taking 10 working days to respond to queries. Then it is a further 30 days for the creditor to respond. If the creditor doesn't respond within 30 days of Equifax contacting them they will remove the information.

No faster way I'm afraid matey ;)

I am ready to fight but these banks seems to mess people around and enjoy detroying people's life.

I have another story to share with you guys. Let me knw what I should do next - Forget about it or sue them.

Yesterday at 5, I tried to check my balance for my business account. But shock horror, it was closed so I phoned HSBC and to my horror my business account was closed because apparently after 3 letters I still didn't provide them with prove of address.

However, I have an account manager and reply each of these letter and provided them with bank statement. I emailed the account manager to confirm whether that was acceptable and she was happy with it and sent me cheque books and said that it's open now and should use it.

But to the people I spoke to on the phone yesterday, they didn't care and all they kept saying was that my account was closed and a cheque is on the way for the money that was in the account.

I told them I don't care whether they want my service or not however I would have like to have been given a notice so I could have made other arrangement. She kept saying they have as they have sent me 3 letters in february and I kept saying that I have responded to those letters and everything was fix back in february and I even have an email to prove it.

She wasn't interested so I put the phone down and sent a long email to my account manager who said this morning that she wasn't aware of the account closing and that they shouldn't have as I have deal with those queries they had so she opened the account again with the same details and put my money back in this afternoon.

I am quite happy as it has been sorted but the stress they have caused me last night and that stupid girl who didn't know what she was talking about is still upseting me.

So what should I do. Move on or ............

CRA has come back with

In order to resolve this query we have engaged the company in question to examine their data.

This process can take up to 28 days, but as soon as we have an update we will let you know.

Whats my next move?

Can someone please give me some direction.

Natwest has replied with the following:

please advise the customer to contact us directly at the below address with a copy of his credit file.

Credit Management Services

Kendal Court

Ironmasters Way

Telford

TF3 4DT

I don't think I should be getting in touch with them as I don't own them anything or hold any account with them. I feel that equifax should have sort it but it seems they want me to get in touch with them directly.

So do I get in touch with them or equifax. If I get in touch with them, how do I go about.

PLS someone help as I am newly married and was hoping to get a mortgage.

New Lad,

I am in the same situation - Natwest has put someone else details in my equifax credit file and i have also disputed it and then equifax have got back to me with the same request as you. I did sent them all details and now they have put them through to their Fraud Department who is apparently investigating.

What i dont understand is how could do put people's details in our file and yet they have not investigated it properly? Now that i have sent details, they want to invest....Check my thread 'incorrect details in equifax file'.

Please lets stay in touch as we are both going through the same issues....

'Hooray'

I have a We hate NatWest and equifax buddy.

Dissiargent I have so much hatred towards equifax and Natwest.

I can't believe they can play with people's lives and yet no one to stop them. I blame mostly equifax as they should have stopped Natwest putting a default. They didn't even bother check the details nor with me.

I've sent off a strong worded letter to Natwest today and if their reply is not 'we r going to removed', I'll go and see a lawyer to sue their arses.

Let me know how you get on. It's good to share with someone going through the samr experience.

Hi Newlad,

I contacted Natwest again and they said they have forwarded my detials to another department - looks like they are struggling to find anything and they keep telling me that my details are going to different departments....

I want to file a complaint with the ICO as i can't afford a lawyer but i have to wait toll Natwest come back to me with a final answer.

How are you getting on?

Newlad,

I have had a breakthrough - Equifax have agreed to removed the default (Natwest is still investigating and i dont care anymore). They (Equifax) needeed me to send them my birth certificate, passport, and proof of address which i have done and they called me this morning to tell me they are going to remove it and do a dissassociation:).

Of course - below:

Natwest: Credit Management Services 0 1952 206 114/116

Equifax: 0870 010 0583

As i am subscribed to Equifax Gold Watch, i disputed the wrong data online and have been communicating with them via it. I kept on and on at them and also Natwest. Then equifax asked me to provide them my birth certificate, passport and doc for proof of address which i did and after that, it literarly took them 2 days to remove the incorrect info.

I have not contacted Natwest as i dont care anymore now this errornous data is not in my filea nd that Equifax is happy with the proof i gave them.

Let me know if you ahve further queries.

Dissiargent - How are you doing matey???

I have received a letter from NatWest and it goes "Thank you blah blah blah....and we are investigating the issues you have raised"

They have given a 10 working days to provide me with response.

As for the CRA, I still haven't heard from them and still waiting for a reply. I am sick of all this. I want to switch my business account but can't do as no one would touch me with a default on my credit report.

I am at the end of my tether. Any advice???

Hi NewLad,

Equifax must have closed the case as they got back to you explaining that you should contact Natwest - this is what they did to me. So i wrote them a letter and sent it via special delivery and that made them look into it more.

As for Natwest - keep calling them everyday if you can - they are very slow to track down the progress. I take it you sent them your identification for proof etc....? If not, i can anticipate their next move - is to ask you to prove who you are...

I am going on holiday for a week and wont have access to internet but please keep us updated.

Happy Easter

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dissiargent. I hope you had a nice break.

Still no good news. Natwest is still investigating and equifax is refusing to entertain any idea of removing the default. They just keep saying to get in touch with NatWest. Equifax also refused to remove a search Wescot done by saying they were searching on behalf of NatWest and as I had a credit agreement with NatWest this allows the debt collection agency to carry out searches to determine the current address of the debtor and the permission of the individual is deemed to have been given when signing the original credit agreement.

Any suggestion???

Hi Newlad,

I did indeed thank you.

It also took me some time to get any reaction from Equifax. I wrote to a Equifax legal team and addressed it to a lady called Anne-Marie Horgan, and the address is Equifax PLC, Legal Department, Capital House, London, NW1 5DS. Explained to them exactly what happened and that you need your details corrected right away - use the template letter i sent to you and adopt it accordingly.

I also have a contact in Natwest by the name of Alex Lyons who is the Data Protection Manager. His address is Retail Regulatory Risk, 2nd floor, Business House B, Gogarburn, Edinburgh, EH12 1HQ. I also have his direct telephone number: 0131 626 1152. Please make sure you send those letters via special delivery.

You really have to keep on at them - i used to call Natwest every other day and they really got sick of me.

You mentioned something that confused me - you said that you already have a credit agreement with Natwest?

Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks Dissiargent. You have no idea ho much it helps just talking to u.

I haven't got a credit agreement with Natwest. Equiarse are saying that I must have one with them which is why Westcot has done a search on me and therefore they can remove the search from Westcot.

Westcot is related to Natwest. They have done search for an outstanding debt on behalf of NatWest and I am trying to get it removed but equiarse are being too difficult.

Thanks for the info. I will try and sent another letter asap.

NewLad,

You are welcome - i will try and help as much i can.

I now understand about the credit agreement but dont worry about that. As soon as you manage to remove the errousnous data, the search will also go away as they are linked. Equifax will realise that you are not that person, does not have an account with Natwest and hence the search is not valid.

I must insist that you keep on at them (both Equifax and Natwest - specially Natwest). I would even write a letter to Natwest CEO - i beleive his name is Sir A Stephen Hester (The Royal Bank of Scotland, Gogaburn, Edingburgh, EH12 1HQ). Keep on at them and it will come to an end. They will realise you mean busines.

Have you sent proof of who you are i.e. id and signatures specimens? I know you dont have to send it but just to show willingless and the fact that you want to solve this quickly, it may be the best thing to do. I have do to do it too and was not happy to provide it.

Anyway - good luck and keep us updated.

Let me know if you have further questions.