"Termination of Account" and CCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Firstly let me thank everyone for the constant support and help on this site.

Is it still ok to request for a CCA after a Termination of Account letter has been received?

I am on a DMP with Payplan, and the Termination of Account letter I received from 2 of my creditors, states that the debt is now payable in full and as such would be enforced if I miss my DMP payments. Also states that, they would deal directly with Payplan from now on.

Can I still request a CCA at this stage? Would they oblige?

Many thanks for your responses in advance.

Warmest regards.

You are legally entitled to request a copy of your CCA, the following link is the letter templates page, copy letter N, dont sign the leter, enclose postal order of £1.00 and send 1st class recorded.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/generel-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Edited by blueda
typing error

Yes, you can ask for it.....and it might also be worth sending a SAR (Subject Access Request) also ....any excessive charges ? have you received a default notice ?

Hello 42man

Thank you for your assistance. In answer to your questions - have already sent for SAR, and refund of charges letter and unfortunately, have received a default notice as well.

The CCA requests were made a few weeks back - 12 + 2 days are well over and am waiting for the 30 day to lapse to initiate the next letter.

Saying that MBNA [bank of Scotland card] and MBNA [Alliance & Leicester card] have been sent the Account in Dispute letter and today they sent me a photocopied terms and condition stuff with a covering letter that they are not obliged to supply a signed copy!

I am not sure if the T & C they have sent me are what I had originally. The cards were originally issued by A & L and B of S [Great Ormond Street Charity card] more than 10 years ago and these were then taken over by MBNA I would imagine in the last couple of years. I don't know where I stand with this now.

Should I start a new thread in the MBNA section to ask someone to glance over this stuff that they have sent me? or would somehere be able to assist. Also could you guide me as to how to upload the agreement for someone to look at?

Many thanks for your assistance - really appreciated.

Have a good day.

Regards