Claims from Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have begun the procedure to get my bank chatges back by sending my DPA letter off recorded delivery and giving them authorisation to debit my account £10.00 for the standard fee...

Does anyone have an idea what would happen if I were to claim a refund of bank charges of over £1000.00 in Scotland. I am aware that there is a difference in Scot's law regarding the amount you can claim before it is referred to the small claims court, but Im not sure of the figures...

The limit is £750. Split the claim into two by using different charges - i.e. one claim for exceeding OD. one for returned DDs or on those lines.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

That sounds like a plan

I actually don't know yet how big the figure will be but one of the accounts is a business account which is now closed. The account over the overdraft limit more than a few times and I received a lot of direct debit not honoured letters. Is it possible to just split all of the money into sums of below £750.00...?

Why don't you get all the figures first and see f you can spot the most natural way to sever the claim.

Sorry didn't appreciate you had more than one account. Split by accounts.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks