Ministry of Justice confirms......Bailiffs will NOT be given the right to force entry !!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The following is a Press Release from the Ministry of Justice today confirming that bailiffs will not be given the power to force entry!!

17 March 2009

Plans for a new code regulating the activities of bailiffs were announced by Justice Minister Bridget Prentice today.

To provide clarity for debtors and certainty for creditors, the following measures will be implemented in advance of full independent regulation:

• an online certificated bailiff register allowing debtors to check bailiffs' certification status
  • an extension to the certification process to ensure that all bailiffs provide a Criminal Records Bureau check with their application
  • minimum training requirements and competences for inclusion in the certification process.

These measures, which will commence later in the year, will contribute to the development of the more permanent solution of independent regulation in 2012.

However, following a comprehensive reassessment of the provisions in the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 ordered by the Secretary of State for Justice, the government will not be extending bailiffs' powers of entry and the use of force by enforcement agents, and will not be commencing Charging Order reforms.

Justice Minister Bridget Prentice said:

'Last year Jack Straw asked me to look again at enforcement provisions contained in the TCE Act, to assess whether they remained appropriate.

'As a result the government is today introducing plans for a number of measures and which will prepare the ground for long term reform of the enforcement industry and a new code governing the activities of bailiffs.

'This will help debtors, creditors, bailiffs and the police understand what their rights and responsibilities are when debts are enforced. However, following the reassessment the government will not now be commencing provisions on Charging Orders or taking any action that would extend bailiffs powers of entry.'

Thank goodness ! particularly interesting to see 'This will help debtors, creditors, bailiffs and the police understand.... "

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I have long since learnt that the "wheels of justice" at the MOJ turn very slowly!!!!!!!!

This why I am not in the slightest bit surprised that an "indepedent" regulator will not be in place until.....2012!!!

This is FANTASTIC news.

An almost complete U turn.

Together we can help to put these " people " in their place.

( Looks under dung heap )

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.