Faulty Hose pipe/internet shopping

Cen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Please I am looking for some help. I bought a coiled hose pipe from a business seller on Ebay. It is supposed to stretch 50 foot but as I bought it to wash my car the length from the tap to the back of the car is about 30ft. Anyway I used it the first time and it was fine, the second time I used it when I pulled on it it kinked where it was connected to the tap and the water supply stopped coming thru. You have to pull on the hose to extend it. So the hose is not that good, pretty bad design fault I think. In the advert when I bought it it said it was kink resistant but this would seem not to be the case. I have been in contact with the seller and he has said to send it back to them, which will cost me money and if they find it is faulty then they would refund me all that I paid for it and the postage as well which is the law I believe. What I am worried about is if I send it to them and they say it is not faulty then where do I stand? As far as I can see a coiled hose that kinks when you pull it is not up for the job it is designed for. Should I take some pictures or video of the hose in operation or not in operation as the case would be as evidence if needed in any future case. Any advice would be very welcome. Many thanks.

how long ago did you buy it?

did you use paypal?

they are a business seller, they are bound under SOGA (sale of goods act) to offer a refund as the item is faulty.

I bought it on the 24 feb 09 and it took a few days to arrive in the post and yes I used paypal to pay for it.

there should be no problem then.

if the seller doesn't play ball you can get the money back of paypal easily... make sure you use recorded delivery to prove it arrived back with the seller. I have done this a few times over the years, once for £250!

there shouldn't be a problem though, let us know how you get on.

there should be no problem then.

if the seller doesn't play ball you can get the money back of paypal easily... make sure you use recorded delivery to prove it arrived back with the seller. I have done this a few times over the years, once for £250!

there shouldn't be a problem though, let us know how you get on.

Ok. Many thanks.

be fully prepared for any outcome so yes that includes photos date stamped if your camara has this facility

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.