MBNA % rate

moss
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5571 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife has had a MBNA card for years and even when I became ill with the MS she maintained her payment via DD....She is doing some home budgeting and was shocked on how much % she was paying so she gave them a ring to find out how much the annual variable % ran at. Now last year we had a hic-up with some DD's so this is how it ran

7/7/08 £70.00 DD

14/7/08 £80.00 paid via the phone payment for August statement

15/8/08 £200.00 paid Via the phone payment for September statement

29/10/08 £172.00 paid via phone payment for November statement

And after DD up and running again and payment doubled by my wife's request thinking she would be paying it off quicker

Turns out because she had made a couple of late payments as due date is the 7th of the month they have put her % up to 34% and it has another month before being reviewed, how can they do that when she has never defaulted and never missed any payments since 2004

Is there anything we can do as whats the point of trying to pay your dues if they penalize you and the best was the "Loyalty adviser" excuse was in these uncertain times all % rates have gone up

hiya moss

its what happened to me and whilst i may be furious they didnt want to know at the time i complained on the phone,,,then i got my revenge by requesting my cca and sars info

so have you done that yet or lets say your wife is the account holder

When they told me to sell my christmas presents to make a payment i just saw red,,,,and nearly a year on im disputing the debt as they provided not legible agreements and im still battling, they have defaulted me and now selling debt on

okay my credit file is shot but that is what happens, so you have to make some stark choices now

read around the mbna threads and learn as much as you can and keep posting your questions

take care for now

laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Thanks Not sure if she will want to stop her payments or anything was more on the lines if there are guide lines for upping % rates and should they at least notify you first.....But me I would say up yours and do battle as it seems very unfair....But hey whats new

Thanks Not sure if she will want to stop her payments or anything was more on the lines if there are guide lines for upping % rates and should they at least notify you first.....But me I would say up yours and do battle as it seems very unfair....But hey whats new

As far as I'm aware they DO have to notify you as its a change in t&c.

They've been sneaky in the past with me and altered both my credit limit and cancellation of my promotional balance transfer rate via a single small text line on the monthly statement