• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

LogBook Loans want to repossess my new car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In August 2008, I purchased a very tatty non-running vehicle. This was a private sale to which I obtained a receipt from the seller.

In the meantime, I have spent nearly £3000 in repairs and getting this vehicle on the road. It was a project I got stuck into as I require a larger vehicle for my growing family.

On 24/02/09, a vehicle recovery company turned up at my home and left a letter stating that I have a legal obligation to make the vehicle available for repossesion to LogBook loans.

I am uncertain exactly where I stand on this issue and LogBook loans are saying that they have interest in the vehicle, it is HPI registered and the only way I can have title rights is if I pay them for it.

I have told logBook loans that they will need a court order to get the vehicle due to the fact I have bought in good faith and also having spent a large amount of cash on it, I am unwilling to release it. Unless I can find a way out of this, I intend to strip the vehicle of everything I have spent on it, return it to the person I bought it off and tell them to pick it up from there. I will probably lose my initial cash purchase as the person I purchased it off will not have the money to pay me back.

Any help would be really appreciated. :???:

Hi we in the same boat as you read the thread asking for third party victims of logbook loans for our story.

We lost our car and are now fighting to gain something.

Hope you have more luck than us. Would you like your story in a national paper we are working with one at the moment regarding our story we would be very happy to pass your story to them.

At least you have had some advance warning...if i were you i would go to court immediately today!! that is .. and follow frustrated uk advice i did yesterday and got an exparte injuction against mm. it costs £150 and well worth every penny to stop them in their tracks. This will force them to come to court before they can touch the car.

gees 53 The only reason I got pre-warned was due to the fact that the vehicle was at a garage having some more work done on it so they could not find the car at the time of their visit.

The vehicle is well and truly hidden now. It is a project and though I currently do not need this vehicle I will by September. The vehicle was almost a scrapper when I bought it so I have no qualms in getting another piece of junk and repairing it using bits off this one and let LBL have a pile a scrap metal to take with them.

In this respect I have a little time to play with. They can try whatever they like. I am not the type of person who tollerates bullies so strong-arm tatics will not work here. LBL will need a court order or else the vehicle stays hidden.

I am currently talking to LBL and I am awaiting their response. Will keep you all posted.

wearecarless Thanks for the invitation, I do not see what help a paper can be to me at present, but you can pass the detail on if you so wish. I have time on my side on this occasion which is where I am slightly a bit luckier than some of the people that have come up against LBL.

Stretch67.

They day our car was took it was sold within 4 hours. We were told it would be held for 5 days, but went straight to auction.

To stretch67

The paper we are working with have run LBL stories before and are keen to carry on running stories. By running the stories people are getting to know what king of company they are thus meaning LBL get less customers. The less customers they get the better. The paper have already been told about this site and are looking through it to see what has happened to others in all areas concerning LBL.

We told them today they already started looking.

Our story will be in hopefully next wednesday or the wednesday after.

Guest Log Book Loans Employee

Hmmm

I say wait for that reply, there is something you can do without going into all that nonsense detail, with courts and other rubbish.

Dont say anything or at least much, at present, if the answer you get is rubbish come back and let us know!

Is the vehicle old?