• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

EMILY & JOHN vc HSBC £9000 **ANOTHER WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Barracad - another Q for you mate, do you think we're okay to go ahead with the claim immediately seeing as HSBC have given us their "final response"? Due date is obviously 7th but i;m thinking we may aswell do this tomorrow as no point hanging around.

Thanks again,

HSBC £5600 : Paid in Full 31/8

HSBC £4700 : Paid in Full 05/09

MBNA £1780 : Paid in Full 8/11

Smile £2400 :Paid in Full 17/11

RBOS £200 : Prelim 11/10

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I would, straight to next step. You gave them 14 days in your LBA, they responded sooner but not in the way you had hoped, they're not going to change their mind in the next week.

GO GOT EM!!!

or even

GO GET EM!!!:D

That's exactly what we plan on doing!!!

i'm sure you have been asked this before but why have you declined the full offer from HSBC?

They have offered a full refund provided that it's paid into our HSBC account. I would like a cheque but to date thye have refused so I have refused their offer saying 'see you in court'. Risky yeah but fingers crossed... anyway I'd love to face them in court!!

hi Emily and John,

with regards to your overdraft.... HSBC retaliated against my claim by lowering it from £1500 to £1000 thus making me over my overdraft limit. (this will be more than cleared after they cough up so it doesn't really bother me as I want the account closed anyway)

As for the credit card.... I don't think they can terminate this in retaliation as this is a seperate contract (until you start claiming for the charges on your credit card account) but I am not 100% sure about this. Anyone else have any info on this????

Good Luck!;)

how can i request a cheque though? hmmmm....

When DG solicitors write to you and accept their offer just say you accept it as long as it's paid by cheque in your name. This is YOUR settlement and YOUR terms - they do not want to go to court so they will pay it how you like. If you don't stipulate they can pay it how they want, so make sure you're clear. Even if they offer a % of the full amount and you accept this as part payment, state in which form you want your payment straight away.

Does this make sense to you!?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

When DG solicitors write to you and accept their offer just say you accept it as long as it's paid by cheque in your name. This is YOUR settlement and YOUR terms - they do not want to go to court so they will pay it how you like. If you don't stipulate they can pay it how they want, so make sure you're clear. Even if they offer a % of the full amount and you accept this as part payment, state in which form you want your payment straight away.

Does this make sense to you!?

Well that makes perfect sense to me....thanks mate, I will only agree to a full full settlement as long as it is IN MY NAME!!!!

I lodged the MCOL last night but the web site decided to make all the ' appear as ? so it look sh1t. So i have withdrawn my claim and am submitting a new one this evening with correct grammar. It's just a real hassle making it all fit into 1080 chars on 24 lines!

hi Emily and John,

with regards to your overdraft.... HSBC retaliated against my claim by lowering it from £1500 to £1000 thus making me over my overdraft limit. (this will be more than cleared after they cough up so it doesn't really bother me as I want the account closed anyway)

As for the credit card.... I don't think they can terminate this in retaliation as this is a seperate contract (until you start claiming for the charges on your credit card account) but I am not 100% sure about this. Anyone else have any info on this????

Good Luck!;)

Thansk for the advice Lisa, I too want my account closed and OD paid off but as i have a few more debts elsewhere i am talking to the CCCS who are helping me with a debt mgmt plan, and i now intend on paying back HSBC on my terms and not theirs!

:)

They have offered a full refund provided that it's paid into our HSBC account. I would like a cheque but to date thye have refused so I have refused their offer saying 'see you in court'. Risky yeah but fingers crossed... anyway I'd love to face them in court!!

I am hoping when they make me an offer that i get a chance to ask for a cheque....but i expect they will take one look at my account and see my overdraft, and try to offer me in the same way they have you. I am expetcing a bit of a fight to be honest so very keen to see how things pan out for you!!1 good luck!!!! :rolleyes:

This fits perfectly, you could copy and paste it in if you want to use it.:)

Claimant has account ******** with Defendant from DATE conducted on their standard terms and conditions. Claimant is claiming the return of £xxxxx taken by Defendant in charges over 6 years. The Defendant's charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. They are also invalid under the Unfair Contracts Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.Para.8 and sch.2.1.e.

In the event that the charges are not a penalty they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15. Defendant has declined justification of charges despite repeated requests. Claimant claims interest under Sec.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% a year from (DATE OF FIRST CHARGE) to (DATE CLAIM SUBMITTED) of £xxxx

Good for you, I also have a DMP with CCCS and they are great. The banks can't have what you haven't got;)

Good Luck!

The CCCS have just taken me on to their DMP so i am glad to have it all under control for a change!!! In fact if i can get an IVA then i'll be even happier as it just seems to go on forever! ;)

Big thanks for the text to paste but i have just paid for my claim again, yours looks better actually but pretty much the same stuff, you managed to abreviate a couple more of the sentences...and i was worrying over an apostrophe! I am sure they won't mind....("they're" should have been "they are"!!!)

Might use it on the next one!!! Plenty more to follow through tho....

:);)

Good for you, I also have a DMP with CCCS and they are great. The banks can't have what you haven't got;)

Good Luck!

I see you posted your MCOL on the same day, so now we're 1 day behind....let's keep each other posted on progress!!

Good luck!!! ;)

I'm going to look into an IVA soon too. My debt will be with me for 20years otherwise! (unless I win the lottery which is highly unlikely:( )

Good Luck with your claim. I filed my MCOL yesterday and I can't wait for their reaction. How I would love to be a fly on the wall when they receive that!:D

I'm going to look into an IVA soon too. My debt will be with me for 20years otherwise! (unless I win the lottery which is highly unlikely:( )

Good Luck with your claim. I filed my MCOL yesterday and I can't wait for their reaction. How I would love to be a fly on the wall when they receive that!:D

I was told my debt would take 76yrs to pay off!!!! that is kind of distorted because I work in the recruitment industry and it's all commission , but still....far too long!!! i am only 30yrs old and want a retirement!

Fingers crossed......i am keen to push ahead with my other claims, just getting used to things with HSBC.....:cool:

Hi all,

So HSBC have now acknowledged my claim today, gives them have 28 days to come up with a response. Should I be expecting a letter from DG at some stage making me an offer?

Looks like all part of the course, am feeling pretty POSITIVE!!!!!

Hi Emily and John,

I filed my MCOL on the 1st but they haven't acknowledged it yet as far as I know. Does it show you on-line if they have or did you receive a letter? They did make me an offer on the 3rd but that was refused. I'm expecting a letter from the solicitors any day now. I can't wait!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Lisa,

Nope i checked on line and it showed "acknowledged", so that is good atleast they know I am on their case!!!! Our other case going through was lodged on 2nd and this still has not been responded to....

I am very excited though - almost feel like we cannot lose! Mind you, let's not tempt fate.......a little way to go yet!!!! FINGERS CROSSED WE'LL BE SHOPPING BEFORE NEXT PAY DAY!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool::lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Lisa,

Nope i checked on line and it showed "acknowledged", so that is good atleast they know I am on their case!!!! Our other case going through was lodged on 2nd and this still has not been responded to....

I am very excited though - almost feel like we cannot lose! Mind you, let's not tempt fate.......a little way to go yet!!!! FINGERS CROSSED WE'LL BE SHOPPING BEFORE NEXT PAY DAY!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool::lol: :lol: :lol:

I cant wait. I was made redundant 3 weeks ago so this will money will ease a bit of stress. I did manage to get another job yesterday but I was so nervous at the interview I forgot to ask about pay and when they rang to tell me I had the job i was so excited I forgot to ask....again!. Oh well, whether it is weekly or monthly won't really make much difference aslong as HSBC hurry up and pay me! As long as I get paid and pay my mortgage every month I'm happy! Oh and have enough to buy the occassional pair of shoes;)

congrats on new job wont be long till you have money from hsbc hehe

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

And you see the odd pair of shoes on offer from time to time on freecycle too !

just kidding :D

congrats on the new job

HSBC

Prelim sent 1st aug

LBA sent 15th aug

MCOL issued 31st aug

offer recieved and rejected 5 sept

second offer recieved 3rd oct