a success story to provide you with inspiration and hope!

dchunter1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks, what a glorious day it is today:) I thought I would share my excellent news with you all. today I have received £706 from First Direct. I claimed £780 (to include interest), but they offered me the refund of charges levied to the account minus interest, saying that they would be confident to win the case if it went to court, and as a gesture of their goodwill...!

The 40 days for the response to the first letter is up on the 9 August, so they have been mega-prompt. Well Done First Direct. If you hadn't closed my account earlier this year, I would be a model customer of yours now!:rolleyes:

But seriously, First Direct have acted with the utmost promptness and professionalism. They have not tried to stall for time; they have not asked for a single penny in payment for the statements; the statment were sent by courier within a week of my 1st letter. Everything about the whole claim for refund has been dealt with in an examplary style.

Now then...if only the other institutions would be so helpful I would be rich!!:eek:

Successes:

First Direct £706 paid in full 28 July 2006 (within 40 days of 1st letter!!)