Nightmare with Marston Group/Wonga

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I took out a Wonga loan (stupidly I know) in November 2008. I could not afford to pay it back. They added on a ridiculous amount of interest.

Anyway I then started recieving letters from a solicitor called Chainey, D'mateo and Shannon. I tried to contact them numerous times, left messages but nobody ever got back to me.

I emailed Wonga to explain that I had tried to contact Chainey, again no reply.

So Saturday I recieve a letter from Marston Group, saying I had failed to respond to a hand delivered notice (I never recieved one!) I now owe £1032.15, the original balance was 350.00 I think.

I finally had a name of someone to speak to, so I called her today and was furious, I have been trying to organise paying this debt for weeks, and have been ignored, and am now having this real heavy handed action taken against me.

I explained I could only afford I thought about 20.00per month. This was not good enough, so I am going to have to push myself to 200.00 by the 30th March, I really can't afford this, but I can't see another way of making this problem go away.

She told me that my account was on hold, and I guess when I call on the 30th March we will revisit and sort out what to do next.

I have sent her a recorded letter today detailing the agreement, and the fact my account is on hold.

Does anyone else have any other advice?

I curse the day I got involved with Wonga

emmie7

We too are having problems with Wonga and the so-called solicitors of Chainey, D'amato and Shannon. Don't know if you have seen other threads regarding them but their company number doesn't exist apparently which is rather strange! :-?

Hi there,

I took out a loan from Wonga in December 2008 for £400. They have now worked out the debt to be £946.00! There is absolutely no way I'm going to pay this. Reading this thread, I think I'll also send them Subject request letter. Is it also worth me complainng to the FSA?

Thanks

We too are having problems with Wonga and the so-called solicitors of Chainey, D'amato and Shannon. Don't know if you have seen other threads regarding them but their company number doesn't exist apparently which is rather strange! :-?

There isn't a company. Solicitors are Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP). Nothing strange at all.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)