Barclays O/D PPI - **SUCCESS**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bump

"I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Scrapper vs MBNA Partial Settlement Success. Saved £13,000 :lol:

Scrapper vs Barclays Bank Plc PPI Reclaim Success £5,500 :lol:

Scrapper vs Barclaycard Partial Settlement Success. Saved £6,000 :lol:

Scrapper vs Tesco's FOS upheld complaint. Possible court action to get default removed

Scrapper vs Egg (Barclaycard) Awaiting FOS

Scrapper vs Barclays Bank Plc Offered made & Refused. This means war :-x

Scrapper vs Barclaycard (Cabot) Waiting 4 years for CCA. Cabot advised irresolvable :lol:

Scrapper vs Intelligent Finance. Success

Scrapper vs Picture (Webb Resolutions) Success

Beginner's guide

Advice & opinions given by Scrapper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone give me some advice? If not I look on another forum

Thanks

Scrapper vs Tesco's FOS upheld complaint. Possible court action to get default removed

Scrapper vs Barclaycard (Cabot) Waiting 4 years for CCA. Cabot advised irresolvable :lol:

Beginner's guide

Advice & opinions given by Scrapper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Hi

Without reading the whole thread for the moment, are we talking making a claim for the additions fees etc on the account?

You say that the PPI has been refunded so is that part of it all put to bed now?

BCOBS may help but that came into force in 2009 I believe.

ims

Hi ims,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I requested in writing that the additions fee be cancelled back in April 2000 and even have the name of the advisor who I handed the letter to. The reason it was never posted was I worked 30 seconds from the branch in Lombard Street.

I also cancelled the Reserve Fee as I was being charged for £22 per week on top of the £130 interest I was being charged monthly for my OD. I also put this in writing and even called Barclays to ask why they hadn't taken it off the account. They did but refused to refund the other weekly £22.

If you read the final response from FOS they are saying they don't believe me.

Barclays are only prepared to refund £6**.00 which is not acceptable.

With regards to the PPI yes they refunded all my payments (£5000 after they had already paid £12k off the OD) when I kicked up a stink about not being able to claim again.

I know for a fact that I cancelled the additions fees, but have been unable to get hold of any statements going back that far to be able to prove it. I know they removed it as I checked at the time but somewhere along the line they have added back onto the account.

They closed my account in 2010 after I refused to talk about repayments until they investigated my complaint which the refused to do. Then just but a default on my CF whcih prevented me securing a remortgage at a better rate.

They have assigned a number of DCA but I keep telling them to do one. Now that FOS hae made their totally unbiased decision LOL I won't be able to hold of the DCA's much longer and could end up with a CCJ for something Im 100% positive about.

Hope that makes sense

Thanks

Scrapper Coco M+35r94mDp1jIGazVGJiYmRkZGqAYWFhYWFhZmZmYeTqYif4b1lQy3pzNcn8iwLI8h04WBm52RiYmJmZmZmZkZxRKIPRAGmjiyIAD2QRsmJu1KygAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Beginner's guide

Afternoon,

Can someone let me know what my options with this case are? I feel like I'm being shafted by both FOS & Sharkleys

Thanks

Scrapper Coco

Beginner's guide

Hi ims,

Thamks for getting back to me. I had the same thought so what I have done is sent of an SAR requesting my Statements from 1999 onwards. This way if I get them I can double check that the additions fee was removed (I know it was 100%) then added back again without my permission.

Then if I prove that point I will write back to FOS with here's the bloody proof considering you call me a liar. Then I'll write a letter of complaint to the Chief Ombudsman advising that their service is second rate at best but most likely third rate. Then I'll issue proceedings against Sharkleys to get my money back with interest and hopefully get the DN removed at the same time as requesting compensation for the stress and hassle I have been caused. Let alone the wrecking of my CF. Lets not get carried away though lol

Thanks

Scrapper Coco

Beginner's guide

• 3 weeks later...

Morning All,

Got a letter from Moorcroft this morning and Barclays have denied that there is any dispute even though it has been with FOS for nearly 2yrs. Unbelievable. How the hell do they have the bare faced cheek to just lie about this? It's beyond me it really is.

Anyway I will just ignore and wait for my SAR details to be sent then destroy them.

The force is strong in this one LOL

Thanks

Scrapper Coco

Beginner's guide

Just give them the FOS reference number and tell them to check for themselves :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have told Moorcroft twice already and given them the number but they still say Barclays have no record of it. Funny really as Barclays made me an offer which I refused. And the little matter of the Ombudsman calling me a liar. Amazing really. None of them really don't have a clue what they are doing.

Thanks

Scrapper Coco cool.png

Beginner's guide

• 1 month later...

Morning,

Sent an SAR to Barclays requesting transaction history dating back to just before I cancelled the Additions fee so I can prove once and for all that FOS are fecking worthless and I'm not a bare faced liar as Barclays and FOS have suggested.

Anyway the 40 days passed so sent them another letter giving them a further 14 days and that has passed as well and yet still nothing.

What form do I fill out to get an order for them to provide the information? As I'm more than up for a fight with these monkeys and once I prove I'm right and certain Ombudsman is going to get both barrels and anything else I can find to throw at him. And I'm going to demand a written apology from him.

Thanks

Scrapper Coco

Beginner's guide

Bump

Beginner's guide

When you say "what form" are you intending to issue a non compliance claim through the court ?

If so, you can follow the route Fedupandfightingback took ..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?208966-Me-and-Them-SAR-non-compliance-claim.-**SUCCESS**

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CB,

Thanks for the link.

Oh yes I am going to issue a claim

Thanks

Scrapper Coco

Beginner's guide

• 1 month later...

Morning,

Well issued a claim and a few days later a letter arrives apologising for the delay and the will endevour to get me the information ASAP.

So sent a letter back saying thanks but I want my £35 plus costs back as they haven't done their job correctly.

Guess what? Still no reply.

If they refuse can I sue them for my costs?

Thanks

Scrapper Coco

Beginner's guide

Sorry, I have lost the plot..

You have issued a claim and they are apologising !. Have they responded to the court eg acknowledged claim - submitted a defence ?

Until they provide the information then they are still non compliant.

You should get your costs back as part of the claim - you will be submitting a schedule of costs for the hearing.

If they provide the information at the last minute, then I guess you could sue for the costs, or simply ask them for compensation..

BCOBS

Morning CB,

Sorry I'm bad.

I issued a claim for Barclays to comply with my SAR (Which they haven't) and a schedule of costs for the hearing.

A couple of days later I received a letter apologising for the delay.

They haven't acknowledged the claim or submitted a defence.

"If they provide the information at the last minute, then I guess you could sue for the costs, or simply ask them for compensation" That was my main question and you have answered it as always.

I will check tomorrow and let you know the outcome.

Thanks

Scrapper Coco

Beginner's guide

Ok, well they need to respond to the Claim by a certain date, otherwise you obtain a judgment by default.. which includes the costs.

If your claim was a "money claim" as well as a compliance claim - then you should win (by default) any other financial claim you had entered.

HTH

BCOBS

Cheers CB as always

Thanks

Scrapper Coco :cool:

Beginner's guide

• 4 weeks later...

Afternoon,

Well I received my SAR from Barclays.

I only asked for statements yet I received absolutely everything from them. Going to take me a while to go through it all but there's some interesting communication logs between the Ombudsman & Barclays.

There is one log that I have just briefly looked at and the Ombudsman have asked Barclays if I ever used any of the products with regard to the Additions Fee. The response from Barclays is NO. So then the Ombudsman basically advised Barclays to offer me a refund of 1 years fees including the reserve fee and this should make the complaint go away.

So armed with this information and that I have complained that Barclays never cancelled the products at my request the Ombudsman basically call me a liar and side with Barclays.

I still have to go through all the statements to prove I cancelled the product though.

I might call the Ombudsman and tell them I have all the communication logs and what the hell are they playing at.

Any thoughts on what I should do?

Thanks

Scrapper Coco

Beginner's guide

If you have any intentions of making a complaint to the Ombudsman do it in writing :)

Those communication logs can be a goldmine of information - it is well worth setting aside some serious time and cross referencing all events with paperwork you have.

BCOBS

Morning CB

Been reading through the FOS details and makes for some interesting reading.

"I have decided to offer a full years refund at FOS request as this would save a separate complaint being brought to us with the chance of being referred to FOS at a later date. This complaint does not refer to the additions side of things however I believe the customer would be likely to pursue this"

Asking if any benefits had ever been used such as mobile phone insurance, travel insurance etc "I can advise that mobile phone, travel insurance was never registered for"

Barclays don't seem to have answered half of the questions put to them by FOS and have admitted that in all the time we have had the account we have never used the additions facility but FOS seem to have let them get away with it while at the same time calling me a LIAR.

Will be going through all the statements tomorrow.

Thanks

Scrapper Coco

Beginner's guide

I know the Ombudsman decision is final what steps can I take to show the incompetence of the FOS? Can I complain to an independent body?

I pretty sure that when looking through the statements I am going to find entries where the addition fee wasn't taken for a few months and then appeared again. If I can do it why can't FOS? Lazy Waste of Space they are.

I'm 100% on this as I remember as clear as day going into Barclays a few months after I cancelled the additions fee only to be asked if I would like it added back for all the lovely benefits. I also remember saying "NO THANKS"

Regards

Scrapper Coco

P.S. I really want to call FOS just to hear the tone in her voice when I tell her I have every log between you both and my god it makes interesting reading. Good luck looking for a new job :lol:

Beginner's guide

Yes, there is an Ombudsman, Ombudsman - I am sure you will find details on their website :)

BCOBS

Evening,

Got them and I'm gonna go to town on them. Found the statements where the additions fee stopped being taken and then added again a few months later.

Also found that we were being charged for O/D PPI when we were in credit. Month after month £20 being taken from our account

I'll keep you updated

Thanks

Scrapper Coco

Beginner's guide