Newbie Question...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all...

Quick question regarding business bank charges for you all...

I've had several thousand of pounds in charges taken from my Ltd comp account over the past 5-6yrs. So I've been looking into getting them back. I know that I can't use the same wordings for reclaiming them as with normal personal accounts. But how sucessful have people been with claiming back business charges. I would like to know as at the moment we're really, really struggling. I haven't had any work on for over 4mths now and things are looking grim. I've got one stayed personal claim at the moment, but am also looking at starting off another 4claims for mine and the mrs other accounts (we're looking at claiming financial hardship to try and push them on quicker).

So is it worth pushing the comp account as well?

Hi gray

Welcome to CAG.

People were very successful in geting business account charges repaid up until the test case.

Unfortunately, the test case has left us with a problem with regards to business claims. The basic judgement from the case is that bank charges do fall within the scope of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts regulations 1999 but that they are not penalties contrary to common law.

By definition, business accounts are not covered by the UTCCR 1999 (they are consumer regulations) and so we cannot use those regulations. The judgemnt that bank charges are not penalties means that we have no legal basis for a claim. At least as far as the pre-test case understanding is concerned.

The way forward is to look at other reasons why charges on business accounts may be unlawful. We have found a reason and are exploring making a case using it. However, we will not be in a position to publish this method for a couple of months yet.

However, watch this space.

• 3 months later...

The way forward is to look at other reasons why charges on business accounts may be unlawful. We have found a reason and are exploring making a case using it. However, we will not be in a position to publish this method for a couple of months yet.

However, watch this space.

Watching! :)

Have a beef with HSBC on a similar matter.