style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, need some advice if anyone knows?

In 2002 was made bankrupt by welsh water for non attendance of court date as solicitors acting for them had agreed to an adjournment,lost an extreme amount of money as the original debt was only for £1004 which my arguement at the time was as part of a shared supply i was only respnsible for a shared amount of of the debt, did'nt get the chance to make that arguement due to the misleading information. due the domino effect eventually lost our family home as well. Now 7 yrs on this year i have had dealings with them again and found out that several issues happened regarding the use and respnsibillty of my name on the account.

1 They allowed a debt lay on thier books for nearly three years without chasing when the original debt was dealt with much quicker.( I was being bloody minded and stubborn although at that time the debt was'nt in my name)

2 When forced by the environmental health department of the council to reinstate the supply i rang them with offer to pay the oustanding amount and said i was willing to take responsibilty of the account they added me going back the 3 yrs prior to my point of payment.

3 On dealing with them on this occasion they requested information about home address and date of birth and would not reinstate supply without them although they had recieved payment, they then informed me that this information had allowed them to trace me and that there was an outstanding bill of £3000.00 for the home address which had been vacated 4 yrs ago and and repossesed 1 yr ago as a resulting domino effect of the original bankruptcy. Although they were well aware of my whereabouts they did nothing to inform me of debt.

These queries are a small part of the whole scenario, I appreciate that members cannot help with all my queries but my main issue is to start the ball rolling in making sure that the same thing does not happen to anyone else and to see if there are any options I have to stand up to a large utility supplier like welsh water who have used their system to legally, " but" unfairly squash the little guy. so in finishing, my thanks in advance to your forum ( wish I'd found you earlier ) for any help and advice in where to go from here.